Text Tone Notification Stutters

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jertronic, Jan 4, 2012.

1. jertronic macrumors member

Every now and then when receiving texts the notification stutters. Anyone else get this? It is the default text notification tone.

2. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

Just had this happen to me for the first time today... it was weird. The text tone is a "3 part" for lack of a better term. It played the first 2 and then stopped. I thought "that's odd..." and pulled out my phone. Nothing on the screen. Hit the "wake" button (or home button, don't remember) and woke the phone to hear the very last part of the tone play (it had been 40 seconds) and my wifes txt flash up on my screen.

possibly unrelated is that I was in the middle of our lead building where you have literally NO signal. But in this spot, I can sometimes pick up the wifi signal for the office. Don't know if that's related in any way. At first I thought it may be a signal issue but now I'm thinking it's an OS thing. Haven't rebooted my phone lately. Gonna do that first and send myself txts lol

3. Boen macrumors member

My wife's 3gs was doing this too. Haven't noticed it in a few weeks though.

4. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

sent myself a couple of test texts and no problems after restart. Again, about an hour ago was the first time I ever noticed it happening and I've sent/rec'd a LOT of txts since getting this thing.

5. jasko macrumors 6502

jasko

Mine does this too. Very annoying. Doesn't happen on my girlfriends iphone 4.. just my 4S. Apparently doing a hard reset will temporarily fix the problem. Temporarily....

6. NutsNGum macrumors 68030

NutsNGum

Is your phone Jailbroken? Mine used to do this, also, either that or I'd get duplicate notifications.

Quite annoying.

7. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

My 4S does this from time to time as well. It does it with the Tri-Tone text tone and with the "ding" I've got set up as my Notification Center sound. It's random and rare, but it is annoying.

8. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

Same here on my iPhone 4S with 5.0.1. I thought maybe it was my custom text tone but it seems others are having the problem with standard tones.

9. salacious macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A406 Safari/7534.48.3)

It's a bug with text tones, at work 6 of us have the 4s everyone has the swoosh noise can't remember name and when we get mail from our boss it stutters 3 times and sounds like 49 fighter jets launching torpedoes its really annoying

10. AlphaVictor87 macrumors 6502a

AlphaVictor87

This made me chuckle :D

i also have this problem. I had it on my 3GS quite often, especially for the 3 weeks or so i was on iOS 5 before i picked up my 4s. I've had it happen about 4 or 5 times so far since i've had my 4s.

Super annoying when it does happen.

11. 93cobra macrumors newbie

Mine does this too. Is there a fix for this??

12. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

It is intermittent for me, only happens occasionally

13. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

Mine doesn't stutter but the ringtones sound like garbage. The same tone set as a text tone sound fantastic. It's a 5.XXX bug.

14. neil i macrumors newbie

mine sssstutters to

hi
    i recently purchased the wife a new 4s the message tone stutters i have been back to the store 3 times exchanged it once and to date apple denied a problem just it could be a app conflict,finally they admitted they have a problem,very poor if they have not fixed yet.anybody else agree.
    by the way the shop incurs a 130 mile round trip but according to apple its my only option.well next time its not an apple for sure.

15. hwojtek macrumors 6502a

hwojtek

Same thing here. iP4, iOS5.01. Happens more often than rarely.

16. cynics macrumors G4

I get a stutter when I get multiple messages delivered at once. I don't get it with a single alert.

I wonder if this is some sort of app conflict.

17. Edge1978 macrumors 6502

It happens to me too, not too often, but it does happen. It's ANNOYING :eek:

18. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

hasn't happened to me again since I posted about it above.

19. 93cobra macrumors newbie

20. gagandeep90 macrumors newbie

There is a fix posted for this issue where you do not need to turn off vibrate or turn off view in lock screen. Go to the following link to read it. http://iostricks.com/double-text-message-ringtone-fix-iphone-4s-and-iphone-4-131