Texting international ?? Can you?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Arnezie, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

Wondering if you can text internationally from the USA to Nigeria ? My elderly mother got scammed and I want to send the guy a great big FU

2. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

Of course, but I couldn't recommend doing that as you'd almost certainly be breaking the law - regardless of whether you have been scammed.

3. Arnezie thread starter macrumors 65816

Arnezie

Not worried about him complaining , he just scammed her out of $10,000 so I would love him to contact the authorities in Nigeria to say this American just threatened him and told him to foff, the local police here said there is nothing they could do except file the report.

4. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

Sorry about your grandmother, but what would be the point of texting him (assuming it's just one person and you have his number).

Depending on what you say, it could land YOU in trouble if he were to report your threats to your carrier or US authorities.

Considering he's a scammer that makes his living from swindling the elderly, I doubt he would care too much if you were to 'tell him off.' If anything, it'd probably just make him laugh since he'd know there's virtually no chance of you flying out there to actually do something.

If there's nothing the local police or banks can do for you, you'd be better off moving on and using your energy to inform others to not get hoodwinked by the same scam.

5. Arnezie thread starter macrumors 65816

Arnezie

Thanks for the answers , and the reason is just to make me feel better . Mods you can close this thread my question has been answered.