Texts say they are coming from email not phone number

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by FloridaSon, Dec 23, 2011.

1. FloridaSon, Dec 23, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2011

FloridaSon macrumors newbie

This is a new problem for a friend of mine. Anytime I send her a picture to her email from my phone it goes to her phone. Also, now when she sends texts, it says its coming from her email but its really just a message from her phone. Obviously something is mucked up in the settings. Can anyone help?

ETA: She tried going in to settings, receive at, but it won't allow her to remove her email address.

2. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

3. FloridaSon thread starter macrumors newbie

But its showing as coming from the email address associated with her apple ID. and when I send pictures to her email that she has on her computer, it sends it only to her phone.

For example, I send email to XXX@email.com and it goes to her phone and bypasses her email completely.

This just started happening today, and we have had our iphone for 2 months.

4. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

If you've both got iMessage on and you're sending from the messages app, rather than the email app, that's how it's going to work. It's supposed to.

For hers to not always use her email as the default, she needs to switch her iMessage caller ID in her phone.