Thais sieze weapons-loaded aircraft from N Korea

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Cave Man, Dec 13, 2009.

1. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Where do you think they were headed? It could be a number of places...

The only thing we know is that the destination probably wasn't Myanmar as they'd just fly straight there as its about the same (or less) distance from North Korea as Bangkok is.

2. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Well it seems they were headed towards the middle east region. Based on the cargo, those weapons are usually used in small insurgencies, attacks inside Afghanistan or border attacks in Israel. It could be Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, or Palestine. Since the troop surge is happening January 2010, it could be to aid the Taliban in Afghanistan.

I can bet they're not going to be used to make friends.

3. Tesselator macrumors 601

Tesselator

"Military sources in Thailand speculated that the aircraft seized in Bangkok was probably bound for Pakistan." [The next US preemptive strike zone]

4. Cave Man thread starter macrumors 604

Cave Man

The US already does air strikes in Pakistan. Heck, US troops have already conduced field ops there, too. Nothing new there.

5. Tesselator macrumors 601

Tesselator

True dat. And we're RADICALLY taunting Iran too (covert and admitted urban bombings, etc.). But I meant something on a much larger scale - in Pakistan.

6. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Source?

7. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

Don't count on a reliable one.

8. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

The pilot claimed they were headed for Sri Lanka, while Sri Lankan officials say "Um, no."

9. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

there are so many places where these could have been headed. From Sri Lanka they could have been smuggled by boat or plane to quite a number of places....yemen, somalia, pakistan, afghanistan, iraq, gaza, lebanon, syria.....all sorts of possibilities

10. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Reuters

The Thai Government says the shipment was on its way to Tehran.

11. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

The Axis of Evil isnt that what Bush called these two. It seems sooner or later the world police will have to do something about these two. Preemptive nuclear strikes that turns them into molten glass seems to be the only answer they will listen to.

12. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

If it was small arms, what would the Iranians do with a bunch of junky NK small arms? Hamas? Hezbollah?

13. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Good point, most likely heading to a terrorist group somewhere. Iran can make their own small arms so like it has been said follow the money trail and hang the pilot from his balls until he talks.:D