Thank you America [Warning - contains distressing images]

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by DJTaurus, Apr 18, 2016.

1. DJTaurus, Apr 18, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2016

DJTaurus macrumors 65816

DJTaurus

I totally respect US citizens as citizens from all the countries around the World. But thats the result of the Support from the US goverment to al-Qaeda then and ISIS now ... they backed up Muslim Terrorists and Helped them to Create the Islamic State and create wars.

All these refugees should be transported straight to America, Germany, France etc and all these countries that fund those wars on middle east like the wars they funded in Africa and in the past in latin america.

It breaks my hurt when seeing the pictures below.

http://www.reuters.com/news/picture/pictures-of-the-year-migrant-crisis?articleId=USRTX1Y1BK

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

These are the sorts of images many American posters on here conveniently ignore when suggesting all these refugees are terrorists and should be refused asylum. It's very sad to see these images.

3. decafjava macrumors 68000

decafjava

I can't "like" your post, anymore than I can like the OP's. I agree 100% with you both.

4. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

I am all for granting asylum and helping the refugees. It is one of the reasons I loath Trump.

However, blaming the violence on the US is naive. The vast majority of people killed in the Middle East have been killed by local people. That is true even in Iraq. Additionally, the US is not the only country involved in arming and supporting the combatants. So your post should read 'Thank you local people, the US, Russia, Turkey, Iran, Saudi Arabia, and Europe...'

5. Snoopy4, Apr 19, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2016

Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

Some advice? Stop killing each other and blaming others for it.

6. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

You are using pictures of children, I don't think anyone opposed taking in children, they opposed taking in millions of grown ass men who aren't willing to fight for their children. At best they would be cowards, at worst they could be terrorists.

7. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

The responses from Americans in this thread are just a perfect example of the bubble we live in. It's not hard to figure out that people hate us because we bomb them as little pawns in the pursuit of geopolitical dominance. I mean, it's not hard to understand....unless you care what the rest of humanity thinks of your country.

Hubris is a disgusting thing.

It's disgusting to call these people cowards from the comfort of whatever chair you people are staring at your screens from. Armchair freedom fighters. "

Hey we completely bombed your country to the stone age and destroyed everything you hold dear about your culture, but you're a coward for trying to get out for the sake of you and your family. Don't want to stand up to a ruthless enemy that you have nothing to do with? Coward!"

Seriously, some of you people here....

8. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Yeh the US created Islam and unleashed the terrible religion on the world.

9. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

We certainly created modern Wahhabism, the form of Islam that terrorists use, via the creation of the Saudi (and pakastani) medrassahs (with CIA funding) whom have taught this form of Islam and guerrilla tactics to the region. But when we do it, it's noble because it's against the Soviets (remember the intro to Rambo III? Dedicated to the "Freedom Fighters" in Afghanistan).

You have to be incredibly stupid to think the USA hasn't created this ****ing mess.

10. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Outstanding pictures to make a point, more Americans should look at these pictures when thinking about refugees.

But, what are you trying to say with this?

I totally respect US citizens as citizens from all the countries around the World. But thats the result of the Support from the US goverment to al-Qaeda then and ISIS now ... they backed up Muslim Terrorists and Helped them to Create the Islamic State and create wars.

If you intended to say that the US supports Al Qaeda and ISIS, you'll have to provide some documentation. As is, I see no merit in your accusation. The U.S. has conducted over 10000 air strikes against ISIS targets as of Jan 2016.

11. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

And the world didn't start in 2016.

All of what were are seeing are the knock-off effects of neocon policy going back to the 80's. The world has a much longer memory span than the US population and media. No, there was no plot to create ISIS or Al Qaeda, but they are the DIRECT result of imperialism. IF we are going to continue as an unabashed empire, the least we could do is buy goodwill in these countries with public works instead of destroying them (Libya water project would have made the North of Africa the agricultural center of Africa, a starving continent....it was the first thing bombed in the 90's and the first thing bombed after 20 years of rebuilding and nearly completing the project).

12. Meister Suspended

Meister

Daesh fights with US weapons.

Dubya and Hitlary invaded them.
    Barry and Hitlary armed them and then they bombed them.

And now you want Hitlary to become president and import them.

You've got to be ****ing kidding me!
    --- Post Merged, Apr 19, 2016 ---
    ... The real refugees are not cowards.
    I feel terrible for them and no sane person can expect them to stay and fight.

They are desperate people who's lives have been destroyed by Bush, Cheney, Blair, Obama, Clinton, the Saudis, ... And yes, the american population is to blame.

They voted war criminals into office and there are still millions who want Hitlary to become president.

Doesn't sound like they've learned their lesson....
    Importing millions of people who's lives you just destroyed is insane.

13. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Who did The Secretary of State invade or was it Senator Clinton or First Lady Clinton or the Whitewater Clintons? :rolleyes: The sooner you stop claiming Hillary was for the Iraq war, the sooner you regain some respect. :)

14. Meister Suspended

Meister

Hitlary voted for invading Iraq.

And she voted for the patriot act.

And she was secretary of state when Daesh was armed.

And her personal advisor is Huma Abedin.

Those are the facts.

You just stay in your safe space where Hitlary didn't do all these things and write weird gibberish about respect.

[​IMG]

15. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

This is 9-year-old Tyshawn Lee, executed by Chicago gang-bangers for some perceived slight committed by Tyshawn's gang-banging father.

[​IMG]

But by all means, let's ignore his circumstance and clutch our pearls over refugees on the other side of the world.

16. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

I get tired of saying this, she voted for war with Iraq after all other avenues were exhausted, which they were not, before the Republican Administration launched the invasion. I've always expressed concern in the Middle East that today's anti-regime freedom fighters become tomorrow's terrorists. That is the leadership burden, roll the dice and take a chance. The carpet bomb the Middle East candidate you support does not have a clue and there is a good chance that route would lead to world conflagration. I'm happy to stick with more sane approaches. Even if everyone in the Middle East is our enemy, pulling out the nukes would be a grave mistake, but something Mr Trump insists on leaving on the table. A very scary man.

17. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

So she caved in and couldn't stand up for her principles. Got it.

18. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

thanks for judging others from your armchair very american of you.

19. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

You're assuming she has any principles that aren't thoroughly in the Neocon realm to begin with...

20. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

Except when you're the quarterback, right?

21. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Obama armed them. http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/08/politics/amnesty-international-isis-weapons-u-s-/
    plenty commanders had ties to ISIS .

22. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Of course, you've never done this have you?:rolleyes:

23. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

24. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

I don't believe I've ever seen Steve dehumanize the victims of wars his country has started through decades of imperial foreign policy, at least that I'm aware of, no.

25. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

the enemies respect "Scary men", they are used to being ruled by them, Obama is drawing imaginary red lines & you have the enemy laughing and busing their planes on our ships. **** or get off the pot, half measures get plenty killed on BOTH sides and it's mostly civilians who suffer.
    only anti war candidate left is Bernie, so some of the democrats who will vote hillary pretending to care here is fake as a 3 dollar bill.