Thank you Apple!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NTeggerdine, Apr 16, 2012.

1. NTeggerdine macrumors member

I wanted to finally give a couple smartphones a test drive and I have to say I love my 4S even more now. With all the talk of people switching to other smartphones and being so happy I wanted to see for myself and after using a Samsung Galexy note GT N700 and the new droid I couldn't find one reason to switch from using an iPhone. First huge reason was just overall quality of the devices. Just holding them each in my hand the 4S just feels like a better quality device. Then after a million comparison tests with apps, Internet browsing, emailing, texting, basic calling, and camera tests I preferred the 4S in all categories. Now I'm not saying the 4S completely out performed the other two phones in every category but it does seem that things ran much smoother and I had a lot less problems on the iPhone. But quality was the overall difference in every aspect in my opinion. :apple::apple::apple:

2. hakuna-matata macrumors 6502

This is same for me as well.:apple::)

3. rmhop81 macrumors 68020

rmhop81

i know what you mean. i just returned my samsung galaxy note yesterday. it has it's pros and cons. The one thing that bothered me about android is everything seems to have a setting. Want to adjust the brightness on display....wait there is a setting for brightness in the browser also?? lol plus the battery life alone was a deal breaker. The note would barely last half a day and that's not with heavy use either.

4. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

I'm pretty much in the same boat. While I can understand people who get "bored" with iOS and the interface (I used to get bored with interfaces, too), I ultimately need something that will work well, and I can always expect my iPhone, in any incarnation I've used since late 2007, to do just that, while still being visually appealing and friendly with UI.

I've used other Android devices, and even tried out Windows Phone. I've even supported them when my colleagues who use Android phones have issues. If I had to switch to Android, I could, and the same is true for Windows I suppose. But there's nothing there that makes me want to switch.

And the fact remains that, while I'd use Android if iOS didn't exist, it's still very doubtful that Android would be as nice as IT is had iOS never existed.

5. TallGuy1970 macrumors 6502

My thoughts exactly!

6. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

I just love the quality of materials Apple used for the 4 and 4S. I haven't had any issues with iOS either that a jailbreak couldn't fix and let me customize my phone the way I want it to work.

7. bobr1952 macrumors 68020

bobr1952

Yeah--I wasn't planning on a new phone but wasn't happy with the performance of IOS 5 on my 3GS--so I upgraded. I can't say I looked all that much at other options--but I do appreciate your validation on what--at least for many of us--is a good decision to stay with the iPhone. I really am not the type who would want to go and find new apps to do what I can do now unless there was a good reason to do so. Restoring everything from your old iPhone to the 4S is a breeze--I used iCloud--and everything looks and works as it did before--only a lot faster. For those who are happy with the iPhone, upgrading to the 4S is an easy decision. :)

8. Willyb26 macrumors member

Willyb26

You can always jailbreak and install dreamboard. There's tons of themes. Even android. But idk why you'd want to use that, lol

9. Wide opeN macrumors 6502

Wide opeN

Very well spoken and marks my sentiments exactly.