Thank you for forbidding me from buying the S4; I just bought the 5s! [PICS]

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Brandon263, Sep 19, 2013.

1. Brandon263, Sep 19, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2013

Brandon263 macrumors 6502

So, I was considering buying the S4 as I lost my phone last week, but you guys convinced me to buy the 5S instead, and I just got mine today. Yippee! Here are a few pictures. I'll continue adding more as I set it up. Tell me if you want me to add particular pics.

(I'm in China for the mid-autumn festival holiday, which is where I bought the phone.)

Attached Files:

2. Harrycooke macrumors 6502

Harrycooke

Congratulations. Enjoy your new baby!

3. Tammster macrumors 6502

Tammster

I assume that's the leather case? Would like to see it on & get your opinion on how it fits...

4. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

Internet page load speed comparison to iPhone 5 video. :D

5. ERIC273 macrumors 6502

6. user-name-here macrumors 65816

If your location is Beaumont, California like your profile says... how the did you get a 5s already?

7. cdd543 macrumors 6502

cdd543

Receipt appears to be in Japanese so maybe he isn't in Cali.

8. Bacong macrumors 68000

Bacong

details, guys. Receipt is in Japanese or something similar.

9. Brandon263, Sep 19, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2013

Brandon263 thread starter macrumors 6502

The fingerprint sensor is barely noticeable on the space grey model. It basically looks black.

The case is not worth the price in my opinion. It feels rather cardboardy. It does cover the edges of the phone though (the edges of the case are deeper than the phone creating a concave shape).

Attached Files:

10. EricByer macrumors member

Agreed. Would like to see how much of a lip there is.

11. Qoo macrumors 6502

it looks fake to me, cuz the receipt showing Chinese letter and the back of the iPhone has the Chinese letter sticker as well, the phone on the desktop showing Chinese letter on the keypad as well, show us some more picture on your hand.

12. Brandon263 thread starter macrumors 6502

Of course it has Chinese on it. I'm in China. Here's my receipt.

Attached Files:

13. Qoo macrumors 6502

that make sense, you should listed on your title 'I AM IN CHINA' then all of us know that there is time difference

14. purplekush604 macrumors member

I got the galaxy s4 last week, i have 1 week left to play around with it. I havent stuck my sim in the phone, just been using wifi. Anyways ive had every iphone except 2g, and will NOT be getting the 5s. I was so bored of the os and always having to jailbreak the phone. I will be keeping the galaxy, and im glad i switched. Only thing i miss is the mail, will try k9, and i liked how i could access my camera quickly right off of the lock screen.

15. Fanaticalism macrumors 6502a

You could always access the camera from the lockscreen with the i5. You have access to more utilities from the lockscreen with ios7 now as well. That being said, you do have access to more things on the S4 through the notification center with the ability to actually click on them to either see more info or take you directly to the application/utility, or slide to the left to access your favorite apps.

16. mackinmike macrumors 6502

wrapped in plastic? why?! isnt the whole point to have quality material touching ur hand

17. James717 macrumors regular

Well, with taxes u actually paid more for your unlocked iphone 5S than you would've in the States. But you got it first so that could offset the premium you paid. The "american" tax that China tags onto American products is one the highest in the world. Would you buy a Louis Vuitton or Kiehl's in China? Not if you could help it.

I could imagine there are no lines or demand for the iPhone. China is still very much an Android country.

Good on ya.

18. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Mmm... Looks like I should go back and get the leather cover. It looks mighty good.