Thanks Macrumors!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Ugg, Nov 4, 2008.

1. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

Arn, I know Politics, Religion, Social Issues can be a real pain in the hind end at times so thanks for allowing all of us a space to vent.

Thanks too to Blue Velvet. She's kept it clean, upbeat and helped energize us all, in her own inimitably low key way. Of course all the other mods who've watched over this place while BV sleeps are appreciated too. ;)

2. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Lots of mods were here helping. Sometimes people don't realize how much work mods do behind the scenes at times like these. ;)

3. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

It was so fun to be able to share this with my fellow techies and mac fans. Thanks Macrumors team!

4. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Thank you, but I haven't been the only mod lurking around here tonight, doing their thing. :)

I love US national politics; the drama, size and spectacle of it all but it's almost 6am here in London and I have to go to bed. It's been a ball.

Please don't feed the trolls and please report anyone or any posts causing problems.

This isn't a night for arguing or fighting; there's always tomorrow. ;)

5. Frisco macrumors 68020

Congrats to Obama and McCain. You both looked like American's tonight!

6. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

It's been a fun couple of years. Well, no, actually it hasn't. :eek: Kinda why I came here. But it's always been one of the best political forums I've visited, even when there were some taking advantage of the kindness of some of our mods trying hard to be fair (I refer to both conservative AND liberal wackos who've come and gone). And yes, even when it was more conservative leaning, especially when you could actually have a bipartisan discussion without the rhetoric. I haven't been around as much lately as I used to be, life keeps getting in my way ;) but I hope to be able to continue for awhile. Maybe not in the same way, hopefully I won't have to (don't let me down Barry) but I still can't stay away.

Would be funny if this time next year it's overwhelmingly conservative here and the liberals are complaining that it's all so unfair and the conservative media is out to get them, but that won't happen (I would hope).

7. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

Thank you arn and the mods. and especially you BV.

We were able to remain somewhat civil.

And thank you Barack!!

Good night to all..

8. Cleverboy macrumors 65816

Cleverboy

Pocket Universe, nth Dimensional Complex Manifold
  9. dmr727 macrumors G3

dmr727

+1 with the love to arn and the mods.

Thanks!

10. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Thank you in return to those of you who can debate and discuss controversial issues with civility. An extra cheer for anyone who takes advantage of this forum to learn from others, not just lecture them.

11. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Hey!

What's wrong with lecturing people to the point of boredom and scaring them away. Nm, I think I just answered my own question. Ah, I made myself sad. Just like the bunny silly people make cry. :(

12. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Thanks Easter Bunny!

Oh wait....

Thanks to BV and the stealth mods.

And, as always to Arn for creating and maintaining such a wonderful website.

Cheers.

13. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

You are all reading my mind: thank you to BV and all the other mods who've been working this board. You've been doing a great job! The separate sticky threads were a particularly good idea, allowing the winners to celebrate and the losers to console each other. Great idea, whoever thought of that.

I think it helped, too, that this year's election wasn't closely contested. If we'd had a repeat of 2000 & 2004, where the EV and popular votes margins were unbelievably narrow, there would probably be some fraud accusations floating around here. So at least we don't have that anger to deal with this time. :cool:

14. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Just as a note: I've hidden the election prediction contest thread until all the final results are in. I wonder if anyone came close? :)

We'll see where we later tonight or tomorrow when all the final counts are in.

Unfortunately, no prizes except bragging rights. Daily Kos was giving away a MacBook for their prediction competition; Huffington Post an iPod. Say what you like about progressive sites but at least they've got good taste in tech. ;)

Thanks to all who participated in what was another MacRumors classic evening of banter and celebration, and commiserations to those whose candidates did not fare so well.

Thanks to Arn for giving us this space for bickering about some of the most important issues in life. For a site like this, it would be an equally valid approach to ban all talk of politics and religion altogether. However, the vast majority of regular posters in this forum conduct themselves with maturity, intelligence, wit and relative courtesy, and therefore are an important asset towards MacRumors ongoing success.