Thanks to the iPad 2 jailbreak, I could finish my French video project in time!

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by iPhone 6, Jul 7, 2011.

1. iPhone 6 macrumors member

I have an iPhone 4 and an iPad 2. Obviously, iPad 2 provides a much better iMovie experience than on the iPhone 4 because of its large screen and A5 processing power as opposed to only an A4. For a long time, I've wanted to shoot videos on my iPhone 4 because the quality is superb and then edit those videos on my iPad 2. I couldn't do it because I didn't want to buy a Camera Connection Kit for $30 and iTunes is useless. But thanks to the jailbreak, I was able to use iFunbox to move the videos from my iPhone 4
    [​IMG]
    to my iPad 2,
    [​IMG]
    then use the jailbreak app iFile (filesystem for iOS devices) and use the functionality called "Add to Camera Roll"
    [​IMG]

As anyone who has ever used iMovie on an iOS device before, you can only edit videos in your camera roll. Because my iPad 2 is jailbroken now, I was able to install iFile and export my videos to my iPad 2 for editing, and my video was completed on time!

Here is the completed, EXTREMELY AWKWARD, funny video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5vD5JGOGxE

Thanks comex! Everyone, be sure to donate! He's been working on this for nearly 11 months!

http://www.jailbreakme.com/#donate

Share your great jailbreaking experiences!

2. nickbarbs macrumors regular

i get so mad about this. Apple need to wake up and give us a central file system. There is no excuse at this point other than pure greed.

3. iPhone 6 thread starter macrumors member

Haha, don't think it'll happen. Steve Jobs has been trying to get rid of the filesystem for a decade now.

4. TC25 macrumors 68020

Is there a reason you can't use Dropbox as a common file repository?

5. ~Ks383~ macrumors 6502

I think that Dropbox does not put files in your camera roll. They need to be in your camera roll to be used by iMovie. I could be wrong though. I am at work and cannot check.

6. rnystery macrumors member

how exactly do you move the files with ifunbox o.o

and also, isnt there iCloud coming out to transfer files?

7. iPhone 6 thread starter macrumors member

iFunBox lets you go into the iOS device's file system. From there, I just drag and dropped to my computer, then from my computer to my iPad 2.

8. ZZ Bottom macrumors 6502a

OP, your video was quite amusing. You need to pay attention to your cropping though! However the gleaming errors make it funnier.

9. iPhone 6 thread starter macrumors member

I completely agree. Now, I watch it because of how funny and terrible my editing skills are. This especially makes me crack up and I did it on purpose

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5vD5JGOGxE#t=2m41s

10. iPhone 6 thread starter macrumors member

11. britishchris macrumors newbie

Use photosync from the AppStore. Can send the video files via Bluetooth or a wifi network and they end up in the camera roll. It's like 3 dollars or something and a piece of cake to do :)