That’ll lern ‘em. Woman gets 12 years for trying to join ISIS

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by FieldingMellish, Aug 16, 2016.

1. FieldingMellish Suspended

“A Mississippi woman who once sought to disguise a planned journey to join the Islamic State group as her honeymoon was sentenced by a federal judge Thursday to 12 years in prison on a terrorism charge.”

“Vicksburg native Jaelyn Young broke down in heavy sobs during her sentencing by U.S. District Judge Sharion Aycock. Young pleaded guilty in March to one count of conspiring to provide material support to a terrorist organization.”

“Young had faced up to 20 years in prison.”

“Her fiance, Muhammad Dakhlalla, pleaded guilty March 11 to a similar charge and is set to be sentenced Aug. 24. Prosecutors have said Young, who converted to Islam while studying at Mississippi State University, had prodded Dakhlalla into the plan.”

“Court papers say Young announced her conversion in March 2015 and began wearing a burqa, a garment worn by some Muslim women to cover their face and body. "After her conversion, Young distanced herself from family and friends and felt spending time with non-Muslims would be a bad influence," prosecutors wrote.”

“A court statement said Young increasingly complained about the treatment of Muslims in the United States and United Kingdom. Prosecutors said that, after watching videos included pro-Islamic State messages from a British Muslim preacher who faces criminal charges of supporting the group -- she began to view the fighters as liberators.”

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/08/1...join-isis-in-trip-disguised-as-honeymoon.html

2. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

But... but... She's black! I thought they were FOR Trump!! ;):rolleyes:

BL.

3. Ulenspiegel macrumors 68030

Ulenspiegel

That would've been a one-way trip...in burqa.

4. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

Strap her and her husband to a bomb and drop it over an ISIS strong hold and be done with it.

5. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

You want to facilitate her travel plans? You're nothing but a collaborator! Shame on you.

6. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

if we would do it for real, yes, I'd pay for her flight and I'd even buy her a last meal. not a problem. I would bet we could cover costs of such things by auctioning off such events to the highest bidder.

7. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

I expect Trump would get the Mexicans to pay for it.

8. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

Ideally they would pay for their way as part of the payback prior to their own death but I see a business opportunity.

9. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

I think that's called "profiteering", actually.

10. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

11. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

.22 behind the ear is cheaper. Just saying.
    --- Post Merged, Aug 16, 2016 ---
    Use the profits to pay down the national debt.

12. FieldingMellish thread starter Suspended

Article says, "Daughter of a school administrator and a police officer who served in the Navy reserve, Young is a former honor student, cheerleader and homecoming maid at Vicksburg's Warren Central High School."

So much for any theories about who's susceptible to the Siren call of Jihad.

13. Zenithal macrumors 68040

Plus no exit wound with a low enough exit velocity. Makes cleanup a breeze.