That didn't take long. Greta out at MSNBC

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 9, 2010
"
Greta Van Susteren is leaving MSNBC only six months after her show debuted on the cable news network.
"I am out at MSNBC," she tweeted Thursday.

Her pithy social media announcement landed at virtually the same moment Vanity Fair reported the news.

"They let her go," her husband, John Coale, told CNNMoney. He said she'd found out earlier today, and added, "We're working out contract issues now."

In a memo to staffers, MSNBC President Phil Griffin said, "MSNBC and Greta Van Susteren have decided to part ways. Greta is a well-regarded television veteran and one of only a few broadcasters who can say they've hosted shows at all three major cable news networks. We are grateful to her and wish her the best."

http://money.cnn.com/2017/06/29/media/greta-van-susteren-msnbc-out/index.html

MadeTheSwitch

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2009
"
Greta Van Susteren is leaving MSNBC only six months after her show debuted on the cable news network.
"I am out at MSNBC," she tweeted Thursday.

Her pithy social media announcement landed at virtually the same moment Vanity Fair reported the news.

"They let her go," her husband, John Coale, told CNNMoney. He said she'd found out earlier today, and added, "We're working out contract issues now."

In a memo to staffers, MSNBC President Phil Griffin said, "MSNBC and Greta Van Susteren have decided to part ways. Greta is a well-regarded television veteran and one of only a few broadcasters who can say they've hosted shows at all three major cable news networks. We are grateful to her and wish her the best."

http://money.cnn.com/2017/06/29/media/greta-van-susteren-msnbc-out/index.html
Wow. that's disappointing. I watched her almost every day. I sensed a problem as she has been desperately asking people to set their DVR's and get their friends to watch lately. But I would have thought they would have given her more time. I mean they built a special new studio for her, you think they would have stuck with it longer.

Reactions: Mac'nCheese

edk99

macrumors 6502a
May 27, 2009
FL
Sounds like she did not have enough hatred towards this president as her co-workers.

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
Sounds like she did not have enough hatred towards this president as her co-workers.
I would imagine she was hired (her persona is not new or would be a surprise) to balance things out. So not having enough "hatred" wouldn't be the reason.

Reactions: JayMysterio

MadeTheSwitch

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2009
Apparently you haven't listened to her lately. She's quite critical.

But I guess you've been too busy defending the p-grabbing, where-women-bleed-from President so it's understandable how you could have missed it. That's a pretty tough job and you definitely have your hands full.

zin

macrumors 6502
May 5, 2010
United Kingdom
The same source said that Van Susteren was informed that she had not been confrontational enough in her on-air presentation, perhaps a suggestion that MSNBC is once again embracing its liberal roots and adopting a more adversarial posture toward President Donald Trump.
Wow, she wasn't fake enough so they fired her.

Reactions: Fancuku

MadeTheSwitch

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2009
IMO cable news is obsolete and is dying a slow death. There are a lot of social media stars sprouting up that are starting to get more viewers then the classic networks are getting.
No it's not. :rolleyes: Cable news will be around for a long long LONG time. Now we can debate whether that is good or bad, but either way, they aren't going anywhere.

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors 604
Oct 27, 2009
IMO cable news is obsolete and is dying a slow death. There are a lot of social media stars sprouting up that are starting to get more viewers then the classic networks are getting.
I agree. But on the same note, most of social media get their original content/story from cable news.

Reactions: darksithpro

MadeTheSwitch

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2009
Wow, she wasn't fake enough so they fired her.
So if Greta wasn't critical enough, they why in the heck did they just give a job to Hugh Hewitt who applogizes for him more than even people here?!!

It makes no sense.

Last edited:

SusanK

macrumors 68000
Oct 9, 2012
Apparently you haven't listened to her lately. She's quite critical.

But I guess you've been too busy defending the p-grabbing, where-women-bleed-from President so it's understandable how you could have missed it. That's a pretty tough job and you definitely have your hands full.
Not necessary to be a Trump supporter not to be a Greta fan. I accidentally happened up on her as she went on and on about the on the Women's March. She sounded foolish. Send her back to Fox or wherever she came from.

Good riddance.

MadeTheSwitch

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2009
Not necessary to be a Trump supporter not to be a Greta fan. I accidentally happened up on her as she went on and on about the on the Women's March. She sounded foolish. Send her back to Fox or wherever she came from.

Good riddance.
Well, I liked her. I always thought she was pretty good at being critical of both sides. Even when she was on Fox. Perhaps that's why I seem to be the only one here who seems to like her. Everyone else is in their partisan corners so they don't like bipartisan criticism.

SusanK

macrumors 68000
Oct 9, 2012
Well, I liked her. I always thought she was pretty good at being critical of both sides. Even when she was on Fox. Perhaps that's why I seem to be the only one here who seems to like her. Everyone else is in their partisan corners so they don't like bipartisan criticism.

Not a partisan corner. I was tuning into something else Jan 21 and there was Greta commenting on the Women's March. She was going on and on chastising the participants asking where were they on election day. She commented that HRC must feel very "ticked off". She just sounded foolish to me. I got the remote to hit any button and make her go away.

I've been very careful not to tune in for Hardball a minute early so I don't have to be bothered. Now I know the coast is clear.

Since you enjoyed her I'm sorry she will be off the air for now at least. Maybe she'll return elsewhere.

MadeTheSwitch

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2009
She was going on and on chastising the participants asking where were they on election day.
Lots of people, including many on the left were saying the same thing, asking where all this energy was before. I think it's a valid question to be asking.

Reactions: rjohnstone