That horrible refugee incident in Sweden

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Thomas Veil, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Thomas Veil, Feb 19, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2017

Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Thank God no one was hurt. No one was injured. Nothing was even damaged.

Because there was no refugee incident in Sweden, Donald, you blithering idiot! :rolleyes:

And this guy has the nerve to lecture others about "fake news". :p

Pray for the victims of Sweden, people.

2. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Hm - I came to this thread, thinking - what? How come I had not heard of this? And then, realised what had happened when I read your post.

Perhaps you might consider amending the thread title to something on the lines of "A horrible attack in Sweden has just happened in Emperor - or King - Donald's world."

3. Apple 26.2 Contributor

Apple 26.2

I've said it once, I'll say it again... no matter who won the last US presidential election, America lost.

4. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

I would like to understand where this clown is getting this information. Is he listening to too much right wing talk radio? How can someone be so misinformed?

5. Thomas Veil, Feb 19, 2017

Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Heh. But then I doubt Emperor Cartagia Donald Trump's fans would take this thread as seriously. In addition to being sarcastic, I wondered how many of his disciples would think that incident was real. They're not known for devouring real news, you know. :D

But in deference to your point, I did add a link to an article about this tragic fictional event. And I did tone down the thread title. It was a little over the top...although I'm sure that was what Cartagia intended people to think.

6. colourfastt macrumors 6502a

colourfastt

The Emperor Cartagia disciples were also up in arms about the Bowling Green Massacre.

7. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Those poor people... :(

galaxyquest.jpg

8. Nefilim Suspended

Probably one of the morons will provide a translation from "Idiot Trump gibberish" to "Normal people language" and reveal that Trump didn't reaaaally mean it literally but was once again being a bizarre oracle in international terrorism questions.

9. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

10. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Yes, as a matter of fact, I am beginning to think that there really is something very wrong with him.
    --- Post Merged, Feb 19, 2017 ---
    He is living in a world of his own construction and anything which contests or disputes the bizarre, paranoid world view of the inhabitants of this world is deemed either a liar, a loser, deluded, mistaken or a saboteur.

11. vrDrew, Feb 19, 2017

vrDrew macrumors 65816

From today's New York Times

Would any sensible, honorable, and decent national-security professional want to go and work for an individual like Trump? A person who seems to create his own reality out of nonsense he comes across on right-wing garbage sites?

Of course, there IS actually a well-known case where a refugee is accused of sexually assaulting Swedish women. Maybe this is the guy Trump was thinking about?

[​IMG]

What is to be done with these Trump people? I'm asking quite seriously. They seem not just indifferent to the truth but actively opposed to it. I wonder if it's even possible to have a conversation with people like that. Because without a fundamental agreement on whether or not an event actually occurred - it's difficult to know where to begin.

12. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Agree with you, and you have raised a very interesting point about truth, perceptions of truth, and the challenges and limits on conversations that it is possible to have with people who are not just indifferent to truth, but actively deny it.

13. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

I believe he wings it, and then BOO HOO the press is so MEAN and UNFAIR when it's pointed out he's a liar or just incompetent. But never fear, nothing phases his loyal Trumpets. No offense to Red Skelton. ;)

[​IMG]

14. oopsroger macrumors regular

oopsroger

15. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

16. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Not "if", but "is".

Therefore, the question remains, is Mr Trump a pathological liar?

17. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I prefer to think of them as victims of the hate media -- all those far right wing bloggers, broadcasters and pretend "journalists" who can't deal with the real world so they make up their own version and then spread that poisonous thinking to people naïve enough to believe it.

I'm being charitable here.

18. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Are you speaking in general? Or did you have something specific in mind?

What do you mean by "all the evidence against their case"?

What evidence? What case?

19. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

LOL!

I love the single hex wrench. That's the capper. :p

20. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

The evidence is a figment of their delusional minds and they cannot be reasoned with.

21. MarkusL macrumors 6502

The Swedish Embassy has now asked the US State Department for a clarification. But don't get your hopes up. I assume Trump will point at some other embassy with friendlier questions instead.