That nagging slow-down feeling...

estockme

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 3, 2011
I got a iphone that's about a month and a half old, my first, and i'm wondering if it is starting to slow down a bit or act funky. I hate to ask this question but... I don't want to be anal, but I still have memories of watching my old samsung moment ring in my hand with a blank screen, missing the call before the phone app could load up. I also occasionally wince if there is a glitch while scrolling between home screens, keyboard popups, etc. is there an ios equivalent to the Windows Experience Index? actually this program just assessed hardware, but I want to know if things are actually slowing down.

-4s
-1/4 of storage still free

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Mar 29, 2011
No smartphone is completely lagless. Those that continuously tout that the iPhone never lags is actually doing disservice to the brand by hyping a myth.

Rocko1

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2011
No smartphone is completely lagless. Those that continuously tout that the iPhone never lags is actually doing disservice to the brand by hyping a myth.
All phones slow down as more apps are installed and the greater the interval from restored as new is. Android is way way worse. I hard reset my phone about once every two weeks and do a restore about once every two months. Seems to keep it pretty zippy.

estockme

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 3, 2011
alright, thanks everybody. helps just to be told it isn't out of the ordinary.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
The only time I ever noticed any slowdown is adding tweaks through cydia, and that is the "fault" of the tweaks, nothing more. I can almost guarantee you that you will not have the issues you mentioned with the Samsung. I generally tweak the living bajeezus out of my phone and it's never been anywhere near as bad as you are fearing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.