That nagging slow-down feeling...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by estockme, Jan 11, 2012.

1. estockme macrumors regular

I got a iphone that's about a month and a half old, my first, and i'm wondering if it is starting to slow down a bit or act funky. I hate to ask this question but... I don't want to be anal, but I still have memories of watching my old samsung moment ring in my hand with a blank screen, missing the call before the phone app could load up. I also occasionally wince if there is a glitch while scrolling between home screens, keyboard popups, etc. is there an ios equivalent to the Windows Experience Index? actually this program just assessed hardware, but I want to know if things are actually slowing down.

-4s
    -1/4 of storage still free

2. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

3. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

No smartphone is completely lagless. Those that continuously tout that the iPhone never lags is actually doing disservice to the brand by hyping a myth.

4. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

All phones slow down as more apps are installed and the greater the interval from restored as new is. Android is way way worse. I hard reset my phone about once every two weeks and do a restore about once every two months. Seems to keep it pretty zippy.

5. estockme thread starter macrumors regular

alright, thanks everybody. helps just to be told it isn't out of the ordinary.

6. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

The only time I ever noticed any slowdown is adding tweaks through cydia, and that is the "fault" of the tweaks, nothing more. I can almost guarantee you that you will not have the issues you mentioned with the Samsung. I generally tweak the living bajeezus out of my phone and it's never been anywhere near as bad as you are fearing.