That time of year again. lol (Keystone Apple Store, Indianapolis, IN)

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by steveo3140, Sep 11, 2013.

1. steveo3140 macrumors newbie

I was there last year for the iphone 5 launch. Here is what I know.

Got there at 11:30 pm.. about 11 people in line ahead of me. Security was there all night and very friendly. They let us camp inside the mall. Very awesome people in line also!
    You pretty much sit there and sleep or whatever basically!
    An hour or so before time, apple employees came around and gave you a card to pick what you exactly wanted. It was limited 2 per person.
    CUTTING IN LINE WAS PROHIBITED. Very funny to see. A guy was sitting there in line, 30 minutes before opened doors, 10 or so people showed up and got in line with him. Nobody said anything just stared hardcore. Security guys showed up not even 5 minutes later, and told them to get to the back of the line. Very funny to see.
    Anyways! Will be there again this year! Hope to see some of you guys there also!
    Thanks,

Steveo3140

2. KKSigs macrumors member

What time did a lot of people start showing up.?I'm planning on doing this? I was thinking about showing up at 4 am

3. Z.childers macrumors member

I was there for the 4 launch, and security made people leave around 4 am when there was a line outside; people weren't allowed to come back until 6ish. I'm glad to see they have gotten better since, so I may come earlier this year especially if they are letting people wait inside. I guess I'll scope it out when I get there!

4. aturnerindy, Sep 16, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2013

aturnerindy macrumors newbie

I'm thinking about getting there around 8pm on Thursday and make sure I have a spot in line. It'd be nice to find a few others that'll hold spot in line to use the bathroom and such.

Steveo, what doors did you use to gain entry into the mall? Did they open at 8 or the normal 10 time?

Thanks

5. aturnerindy macrumors newbie

Okay. So I've talked to security. This is what I know. Line can start forming at either 6 or 8 outside the mall on the other side (left) of Pottery Barn. The line is not to interfere with mall traffic. At 9 when the mall closes. They will do a walk through, etc. At approximately 10-10:30 they will allow the line to proceed indoors into the mall to camp overnight inside. Bathrooms will be available etc. I will follow up with security one last time tomorrow to try to get a definite time. I'm planning on being there around 5 and to either get in line or start the line. Hope this helps others.

6. Z.childers macrumors member

Thanks for your research! Do you know how people can join the line once the mall is closed? I was planning on arriving at midnight, so will they be letting people come inside? If you don't know, don't worry about it.

Would you mind updating this on the line size? I'm hoping to score a silver, but I don't want to miss out!

7. aturnerindy macrumors newbie

From what I've gathered the line will move inside and will continue to add throughout the night and morning as others join in. I will give updates and such around 8, 10, and 12 midnight. From other threads from other cities gold seems to be the hot commodity. But, also think the 5s and 5c are being released the same day so numbers in line aren't a true reflection on what model ones are going for....with that being said I think you'll be okay at the midnight timing. But, check back and I'll hopefully updates. Or feel free to email me aturner83 at yahoo dot com. And, I'll respond as quickly as I get the email.

8. Z.childers macrumors member

Awesome, thanks again!

9. Cowboy1629 macrumors regular

Cowboy1629

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread. Keystone is about 2 hours from me so I'm going to try and hit a corporate carrier store but if I strike out and people are still able to get them at the Apple store I will try to make it before they sell out.

10. UnseenLlama macrumors 6502a

UnseenLlama

Hmmmm....thinking of joining in on the fun...but probably won't get there until 4am or so. :D

At least they are letting you inside this year...especially with all the storms last night and probably tonight. Bravo on Keystone Fashion mall.

11. cullinp macrumors newbie

cullinp

Keystone Iphone 5S Launch

Guys, based on your experience, if I showed up at say, 5am, what sort of queue am I looking at facing. Also, would I risk not being able to purchase a handset because they could run out?

I'm in town on business from the UK, with a 13:00 flight back to London, I don't want to miss getting my hands on a 5S, but I don't really want to spend all night queuing in a shopping mall either?

12. aturnerindy macrumors newbie

The director of security I spoke with was actually very nice and polite I was quite suprised by the professionalism that he possessed.

----------

With this release alongside with the 5c, and no preorders on the 5s I can only assume the lines will be long. And, not knowing how many and what people are going for between the 2 models and gb wise this is a tough call to judge. Wish you luck!

----------

I can only hope that you are in luck at a corporate store to get your hands on a device. However, if not and you're two hours away and if I'm expecting lines to be the way they are at Keystone you may lose out. Wish you luck bud.

----------

You're quite welcome! Hope my info has helped others out as well.

13. aturnerindy macrumors newbie

Okay, latest development. I've contacted Apple and spoke with mall security one last time. They will start the line at 6pm. The line will start on the inside of the mall along the side of Apple. Hope this helps everyone! Good luck and I will continue with updates!!!

14. Ryan3671 macrumors newbie

Appreciate it man, keep the updates coming as much as you can.

15. aturnerindy macrumors newbie

And, the countdown begins! The time has come for the line. I'm officially number 1 in line and there are 7 individuals in line at this point in time. I'll give an update posting with a head count in a few hours.

FYI- what I've been told once the mall inside line is complete the line will then extend outside, however this may change.

16. AppleFan91 macrumors 65816

AppleFan91

Dang, I was thinking about going to 3 am.... But maybe midnight?

17. aturnerindy macrumors newbie

7:40 Update: 14 now in line at this time.

Security is extending the line (maze rope) so it appears more can be inside as well. I'll keep updating to inform you all so you know what to expect.

18. aturnerindy macrumors newbie

Important UPDATE:

From a preliminary discussion with Apple, they've indicated important information. We will be given a more proper briefing in the next 30 minutes. By the way it appears I would highly suggest to get here on location as early as you can. I will post further details once they become available....stay tuned!

19. aturnerindy macrumors newbie

So after another update from Apple, here is what we know.

1.) VERY SHORT SUPPLY on "GOLD" - So if you're looking for Gold you are more than likely out of luck.
    2.) From the list that he has and going down the line so we aren't here all night has me to assume LOW Quantities all around.

So at this point I would suggest the following get to a location ASAP so you can attempt to get your hands on a new device. But, my fear is as follows "IF" Apple is having constraints on location, I can only imagine the supply that has been sent to retailers and cell phone companies.

I hope that my information, I've provided sheds some light.

20. AppleFan91 macrumors 65816

AppleFan91

So what's the line looking like? Is it even worth going there anymore? I want a 16GB VZW and color doesn't matter

21. aturnerindy macrumors newbie

Line has roughly 30 people. I would get here as quickly as possible to get in line.

22. AppleFan91 macrumors 65816

AppleFan91

Dang that's insane haha. I was planning on coming at 3 but I guess I'm gonna head up there now. Thanks for the updates man

23. aturnerindy macrumors newbie

Not a problem. Good luck.

24. AppleFan91 macrumors 65816

AppleFan91

i
    U too breh

25. aturnerindy macrumors newbie

They have started the 3rd line at this point. I'd say between 75-100 people at this point.