That's why I'll buy the new iPhone next week ...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by davidgnomo, Sep 8, 2012.

1. davidgnomo macrumors 6502a

davidgnomo

I've had the "switch off button problem" last week, 3 months ahead the European guarantee expiration (bought my iPhone at the on line Apple Store in December 2012) : thought that they would make me pay something trying to adjust my phone ... well, not only I did not pay a single cent, but the Genius gave me a brand new iPhone 4 ! This way my dad's getting a new one when I'll get my 5 next week : I have finally felt on my own skin why Apple's got one of the best customer services in the world.

And by the way, for just a 69 euros fee, this time I'm planning to get Apple Care for my new iPhone : being covered for 3 years (which is the average time it takes me to switch from a phone to another) has no price ...

2. Purant macrumors 6502

Wow. You bought your phone in the future and the guarantee has already/was/will be still expired?

3. davidgnomo thread starter macrumors 6502a

davidgnomo

2010 ... sorry !

4. Big Stevie macrumors 6502a

Big Stevie

I once had a problem where the loudspeaker on my iphone3gs wasnt working. The phone was out of warranty but I took it to my local Apple shop and they just swapped it for a new one. Considering I hadnt even bought it from an Apple shop I thought this was great service.

5. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

I am surprised they didn't offer you a refurbished iPhone vs a brand new one. Either way, Apple does have exceptional service and it's good to read a positive story every now and then.

I am gearing up though for the eventual thread(s), "I was sent two iPhone5's instead of one. What to do?", and yours is refreshing to read as I wait.

6. Purant macrumors 6502

You're in the EU right? Then your phone is still under guarantee, right? Why did you think Apple would make you pay?

EDIT: To clarify: It was obviously cool of them to give you a new one, but honoring the guarantee is a given and not the mark of good customer service.

7. djrod macrumors 65816

djrod

The iPhone you got was probably a refurbished, looks like new but is not new.

Apple care for the iPhone is only a 2 years coverage, not 3.

8. ste1164 macrumors 6502a

ste1164

Im sure the warranty you get with the phone when you buy it without buying applecare is only 1 year even in the EU so he is saying it was nice they replaced it for free out of warranty.

9. Purant macrumors 6502

Apple says so, but the EU requires all companies in the EU to provide 2 year guarantee. If you push the matter they have to comply. And Apple does as well, even if they don't advertise it.

10. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

That will make up for the one I don't buy.

I going to enjoy being a holdout. :)

11. ste1164 macrumors 6502a

ste1164

Ah fair enough I wasnt aware of this thanks :)