The “I cancelled my iPhone X online order” thread

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by godofredog, Nov 4, 2017.

?

I..

1. Cancelled my iPhone X online order (post you reason)

63.6%
  2. Will wait for my iPhone X delivery

36.4%
  1. godofredog macrumors regular

I guess that those orders that got cancelled will cause a bump for later orders. I’ve seen a lot of posts of people who cancelled. I think it would be interesting to know how many of you cancelled your iPhone X online order.

2. Pyrotechnic macrumors 6502

Pyrotechnic

I ordered on the 27th, but didn't manage to get on the site until 08:16. My order is the same as it was a week ago (Progressing) with a delivery date of 13th - 20th Nov. I ordered a SG 64.

However, I am seriously thinking of starting the IUP process off and picking up a 256 in store, but every time I go online it says check back at 06:00. I could then cancel my online order.

I presume it only opens for a while ? Not sure how that works. Im in there UK

The Apple store is only 15 mins away so getting there for a reserve isn't a problem.

3. dumastudetto macrumors 68040

You'd be crazy to cancel your order now. I've never seen such universal praise for an Apple product before. Be patient, you'll get your iPhone X soon, it is very much worth the wait.

4. Pyrotechnic macrumors 6502

Pyrotechnic

Just wish I had ordered the 256 rather than the 64 :( My fault for not thinking

5. godofredog thread starter macrumors regular

I agree, unless you have an Apple Store near you with an iPhone X available for pick up. Those are the ones that are cancelling their orders.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 4, 2017 ---
    There are a lot of people doing that... I would give it a try if I had an Apple Store nearby
    --- Post Merged, Nov 4, 2017 ---
    Has you order shipped?

6. MacintoshJosh3 macrumors regular

Cancelled mine this morning as the order date had not changed from 11/17-11/24.

Bought 5 minutes later for in-store pick-up today.

ATT Next 256gb Silver.

7. Nanotyrns macrumors 65816

Nanotyrns

When I went to my Apple Town Square Store Park yesterday they had both sizes available. You can now check stock availability online without going through the whole process so take a look at what's nearby.

8. jbachandouris macrumors 601

jbachandouris

I cancelled mine and picked one up in at the Apple Store yesterday.

Universal praise? That is not reality. There are quite a few MR members looking to return theirs, so that's FAR from universal.

9. lancastor macrumors 6502a

Canceled because:

- taller screen than my 6S Plus
    - smaller keyboard on X model
    - no TouchID on X model
    - no direct unlock to homescreen with FaceID
    - screen burns possible in OLED
    - screen flickering in OLED while scrolling

Thats to much cons for the iPhone X. I think I‘m replacing my 6S+ with the 8 Plus or use my 6S Plus another year.

10. Pyrotechnic macrumors 6502

Pyrotechnic

No, hasn't changed for a week. Just says Progressing with the 13 - 20th Estimated delivery.

11. pat500000 Suspended

pat500000

12. Shadowbech macrumors 601

I cancelled my pre-order because early this morning apple.com showed that there was one that I wanted available for pick up. So I immediately cancelled that pre-order and did another order for in-store pick up.

13. DiveKitty macrumors 6502

I am curious why you ordered in first place as most of what you listed was well known prior to launch, as either characteristics of the X or OLED.

Too early for burn in issues obviously if they come up but my OLED screen is gorgeous; no flickering.

14. Lyons00 macrumors 6502a

I cancelled mine this morning with a Nov 17-24 delivery date. Istocknow.com said I had multiple locations in my area Bay Area Ca to pick one up. Ordered online and will pickup at noon...and there's still plenty of stock at all Apple Stores in the Bay Area.
    Jerry

15. godofredog thread starter macrumors regular

You could check for availability in Apple.com for you nearby Apple Store and pick one up.

16. macrem, Nov 4, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2017

macrem macrumors 65816

macrem

I voted “canceled” even though it’s not entirely true yet... I’m planning to find another solution soon but keeping my order for now as a backup plan even though I’m relatively sure I’ll either find one soon or just give up out of frustration. Apple Support said wait until Monday as if they’re expecting changes. I’ve complained quite a bit to them because they charged my account (against Apple’s own policy at least in Europe) several weeks before the currently scheduled ship date.

There was a glitch when I ordered mine, which was as soon as the preorder website was available. My account was debited right away but then there was an “error” with the payment on Apple’s side, then my ship date was end of Nov. I first tried to rectify this by getting my @ss out of bed at 2am to go to the nearest Apple Store on launch day. Due to limited supplies, many people (scalpers) in front of us getting 2 iPhones and due to reservations they said sorry to us (after 8am) as from 4 to 8am standing outside in the cold (last two hours we weren’t allowed to use our own chairs!!) we were getting promising info that we would receive ours. It would have been easy to verify this earlier, now it seems like they gave us hope just so we’d keep standing there to make demand look high. Next day I tried to reserve one myself at 6am, it looked like I succeeded but I never got a confirmation and when I called the store they said they did not have a reservation for me. Perhaps I’m a bit older guy now and not as fast as kids who play lots of video games. I tried explaining to Apple Support asking them to please expedite my order or help to reserve an iPhone X for me to pickup. All I got in return was bs anecdotes about how lucky I was to have my ship date before December.

17. hallidc macrumors 6502

hallidc

Cancelled my pre-order Thursday night and picked one up at my local Apple Store Friday morning. 11 hour wait, but definitely could've gotten one (may not be preferred option) if I lined up an two hours before opening.

18. upnorth85 macrumors 6502a

upnorth85

I picked up two phones on Saturday from unsold opening weekend inventory. No inventory exists now. I am happy I reacted fast and could take advantage of this chance. I too am disappointed with the online ordering system.

19. Ayemerica macrumors 65816

Ayemerica

I canceled my online order yesterday morning. I woke up at 6 and was able to reserve for a pickup a 64 GB SPACE GREY, reserve for later that day after classes. 5th ave had space grey 256 gen till 8am for reserve yesterday.

20. santela macrumors regular

Cancelled mine because I had to wait till the 18th to get it.

Bought one from a scalper on launch day, paid $45 above retail, whatever, been wanting sth new in my hands for a while now, just couldn’t wait any longer.

21. punkrockdoc macrumors newbie

Canceled my order because my local store had stock and I was able to reserve one online.

22. KdFoto macrumors member

I pre-ordered at launch and was part of the citizens one group that had to reorder three hours later which bumped me to mid Dec. I didn’t feel like dealing with customer support and decided I’d wait it out. Got bumped last week to Dec 1-8 but after seeing stock and no signs of Apple speeding up shipment, canceled and reserved first thing Sunday. In and out in less than 10 min.

23. Elastic Love macrumors regular

I cancelled mine last Friday after visiting the Apple Store. The screen was too small and the sound cracks at high volume. The screen resolution didn't blow me away either. I'm disappointed since the 8+ is nearly identical to the 7+, which is what i currently own. Not sure if I'm upgrading this year.

24. its Dale macrumors 6502

12:09am pre order with the apple site and apple app. Nov17-24 delivery didn’t change and I was able to order 4 online for pickup nov 4 at 6am California time via apple app

25. TimeSquareDesi macrumors 6502

TimeSquareDesi

only $45 extra!?!?!? worth it! people in nyc were selling them for $2k-$3k but they had them in their hands on friday morning. crazy.