The ❤️ counts of 45 most recent tweets by Trump and Hillary, an unscientific popularity contest:

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Jess13, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

2. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

He has more time on his hands. He doesn't work for a living. She's busy running a campaign.

3. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

plus he does not have to raise money or make ads. he has more minions too.

4. Jess13, Mar 16, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2016

Jess13 thread starter Suspended

Jess13

That is not applicable, ❤️’s are from Twitter users not from Trump or Hillary themselves. Hillary’s account has tweeted just as many, if not more tweets, in the same time frame as Trump’s account. This tabulation was of only the 45 most recent tweets, and is just the past few days.

Irrelevant.

5. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

The box count? Did you actually mean to say RT in the first place?

6. Jess13 thread starter Suspended

Jess13

It’s a tabulation of Like counts for the 45 most recent tweets by Trump and Hillary, not RT.

7. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Stupid Americans have elections when we could just choose our leaders by Twitter likes.

8. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

What does this prove? Trump has more internet trolls?

If anything, this illustrates that Trump supporters aren't very smart to openly display their political leanings on personal social media accounts. Easiest way to burn bridges in their professional lives.

9. Jess13, Mar 17, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2016

Jess13

No what it illustrates, unscientifically of course, is that Trump is way more popular than Hillary is. In some instances, tweets posted to their accounts at approximately the same time: Hillary has fewer than 1,000 votes while Trump has 15,000+. Hillary has series of tweets with fewer than 3,000 while Trump at same time frame has series of tweets all above 15,000. The highest Hillary has is 15,000 while Trump has several in 25,000 and over 30,000+.

Trump has far more enthusiasm for his campaign than Hillary does.

10. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

Ok dude. :rolleyes:

11. Jess13 thread starter Suspended

Jess13

I was editing my reply:

No what it illustrates, unscientifically of course, is that Trump is way more popular than Hillary is. In some instances, tweets posted to their accounts at approximately the same time: Hillary has fewer than 1,000 votes while Trump has 15,000+. Hillary has series of tweets with fewer than 3,000 while Trump at same time frame has series of tweets all above 15,000. The highest Hillary has is 15,000 while Trump has several in 25,000 and over 30,000+.

Trump has far more enthusiasm for his campaign than Hillary does.

Trump: 595,000
    Hillary: 174,000

Interesting that Trump has over 400,000 more than Hillary.

12. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

No, what it illustrates is that Trump supporters are more likely to engage in political discussions on their personal social media accounts than Hillary supporters.

13. Jess13, Mar 17, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2016

Jess13

So Hillary supporters are scared of showing support publicly for their candidate. Haha. Yes, Hillary is embarrassing. Your [non]argument is illogical: Trump’s way more popular than Hillary is.

14. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

Well, considering how much support Trump has among uneducated voters, I can see how people knowing their political affiliations would be inconsequential for the types of jobs they get.

15. Jess13 thread starter Suspended

Jess13

So what you’re saying is that Hillary is a jobs killer and a threat to Americans’ freedom. Gotcha.

16. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I like tweets so I can easily find them later, like a bookmark system.

17. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

Are you a coal miner?

18. Jess13 thread starter Suspended

Jess13

I sometimes do that myself.

19. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

this is a useless metric. this thread is cancer

20. Jess13 thread starter Suspended

Jess13

If the results were reversed, you would probably be instead lauding this thread. Go to both their Twitter accounts and scroll through the past few days worth of tweets, noticing how Trump is way more popular than Hillary is, his supporters way more enthused than hers are. This could have ramifications for a general election matchup, with Trump receiving overwhelmingly more enthusiastic support and votes. It is possible it wouldn’t translate, but notice the trend.

21. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Pretty much. Facebook is the same way for a lot of people -- four right wing conspiracy/propaganda posts for every serious one.

22. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    If you want to get really anal retentive about this, you could say that considering there are 300,000,000 people in the country, neither one of them are really all that popular.

Don't know what all the hooplah is about.

23. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

If you post something on social media that your boss may see and disagree with, say goodbye to your job. Either more Hillary followers have jobs they don't want to lose, or fewer Don supports care if they lose their jobs.

In a word, it means nothing.

I'm more and more convinced that the OP is Hieveryone's little brother.

24. Jess13 thread starter Suspended

Jess13

Twitter users, unlike with Facebook, primarily are using alias screen names. If you were a Twitter user, you would likely already have realized this. What you’re trying to argue is not applicable.

It does not mean nothing, while it isn’t scientific, it does show quite clearly that Trump is way more popular than Hillary is. And I have no relation to ‘Hieveryone’ in any way whatsoever period.

25. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

lol no. twitter is for the least common denominator type people in society. constant stream of useless information that doesn't affect anyone or anything. the fact that only having 140 characters is lauded as some sort quasi-new way of communicating is laughable at best. i couldn't give a **** about what random nobodies on twitter have to say about 2 presidential candidates.

also i like the subtle (not very subtle) insinuation that i'd support hillary over trump. that, too, is laughable