The 1 percent we care about....

fins831

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 7, 2011
My 4S was averaging 5 hrs of battery and 1 day of standby with moderate 3G usage and some wifi usage.

I calibrate my battery once a month. Last month, my battery died at 1 percent after about 30 min of standby. Today, My final 1 percent is lasting over 2.5 hrs, still going, and I have been sending texts throughout.

Is this normal fluctuation or was my previous calibration a failed attempt?

Am I calibrating right? (I charge to 100, remove and drop down to 0 and let turn off, charge back to 100)...

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
My 4s has seemingly endless 1% battery. I mentioned before but I watched 45 minutes of the movie the hunt for red october in the last 2% via Netflix.

Comment

likethesoup2

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2011
Orlando, Florida
My 4s has seemingly endless 1% battery. I mentioned before but I watched 45 minutes of the movie the hunt for red october in the last 2% via Netflix.
I'm right there with both of you . . . I had old Rush video's playing, one right after the other, till it finally, maybe an hour later, died.

Now, if we were out in the woods, lost, with just the 1% left and our lives were dependent on it - it'd die immediately.

Comment

wickerman1893

macrumors 6502
Dec 16, 2008
So true.....When I'm at home with a charger somewhere around, my battery will last a lifetime. If I'm on the road and need my phone...itll last 2 minutes.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.