"The 10 idiosyncrasies of Steve Jobs"

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by fishmoose, Mar 7, 2011.

1. fishmoose macrumors 68000

Electeicpig

Got to admire the man.

2. G4er? macrumors 6502a

That's my problem. I'm just not finding the right Mac for me so I keep waiting hoping that mid range Mac will finally show up. Why buy other stuff that is not what I need or want?

Funny. That's how I kind of describe the iPad. Technology in search of a problem. I have no use for any of the iDevices. I do need a great mid range desktop computer that lets me choose my monitor though.

3. *LTD* macrumors G4

*LTD*

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8C148)

Except Steve's right about the iPad. I doubt your lack of use for it really factors into anything. Apple has created a new market with it - singlehandedly I might add - and the device is experiencing ridiculous demand. You have no use for iDevices? How is that even relevant. Who friggin cares? A lot of people do have use for them - an this is just the tip of the iceberg, from consumers to corporate, to the tune of billions. The iPad is the device that will help take Apple beyond Exxon Mobil in market cap. How do your personal needs equate into any of this? You don't even represent any sort of majority opinion.

But if you know the "real story" and see a big problem, then please, call Apple and tell them how they've got it all wrong. I'm sure they're dying for your input.

4. Big-TDI-Guy macrumors 68030

Big-TDI-Guy

All seems more rational given what he does for a living... except for the handicapped parking spot bit. If that's true - then :rolleyes: to Steve.

Okay, maybe NOW he's allowed to - but if he did in perfect health - bollacks to him.

5. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

I dont know if I believe the whole driving without license plates thing. Is that legal in California or something? I don't see why jobs would be exempt from a law like that.

6. KnightWRX macrumors Pentium

KnightWRX

Yes, it is always admirable to park in handicap spots when you're not actually handicapped. Gotta admire that. :rolleyes:

7. *LTD* macrumors G4

*LTD*

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8C148)

Who cares where he parks. It really isn't relevant to what he's accomplished. And yes, he *should* be admired.

8. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

This is actually because California allows famous people or those regularly harassed by the press to use a system other than the license plate. If you ever see any shots of his car, theres a little barcode that can be scanned in place of a license plate.

Not really incognito at all, but I guess it helps. Odd that this has been known for quite some time yet the piece isn't aware of it.

9. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

I heard we was a ... "should I buy now or wait kind of guy" :cool:

10. neko girl macrumors 6502a

neko girl

Beginning to see a trend in your posts here. There is something interesting about folks whose opinions are based specifically against a certain brand, instead of opinions that exist on their own regardless of brand.

I'm not sure what it takes to impress you, but: iPod, iPhone, iPad. If you're not impressed, I'm not sure you'd be impressed by anything.

11. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

No Knight just has an issue with blind fanboys who worship at the church of Apple and think of SJ like a god. That group makes all apple fans look like drooling idiots.

12. Big-TDI-Guy macrumors 68030

Big-TDI-Guy

I've always wondered if any of these "celebrity flaws / eccentricities" lists are real - or if they're fabricated to make the damaged populace feel less so?

Because I see a lot of my broken in these lists. :confused:

Every successful individual I know of personally (obviously none on par with the referenced individual above) but they seem to be a success because they don't have these type of hangups / issues.

13. steve2112 macrumors 68040

steve2112

Given the health problems he has had lately, he may actually qualify for handicap parking. Otherwise, yeah, this is pretty annoying. One of my pet peeves is non-handicapped people who take handicap spaces.

14. *LTD* macrumors G4

*LTD*

If you can't handle the enthusiasm about Apple products - and there *is* and *will be* a lot of enthusiasm for them - then you're welcome to go post somewhere else. This is an Apple fansite.

I'm sure these people here will gladly read your constant anti-Apple bellyaching:

www.neowin.net

Careful though, because they too, have a pretty vocal and loyal Apple community.

Cheers.

15. sysiphus macrumors 6502a

sysiphus

Er, what? Every single Mercedes that comes out of the factory has a barcode like that under the rear license plate mount. It has nothing to do with California...

16. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

ITT:
    Just sayin'. You're sounding very defensive *LTD*. Calm down, doesn't mean everyone is going to go off Apple because Jobs likes to not follow the rules.

17. fishmoose thread starter macrumors 68000

Your perfect I assume? Follow all the rules, jump when your momma tell you anything?

18. secondhandloser macrumors member

So... you are not perfect, ergo, all rules are null and void?

I went to school with a relative of his that said he was a pretty bitter guy. I like his tech, but I've heard he can be kind of a jerk.
    Not that I care. I don't have to interface with him, just his company's products.

19. KnightWRX macrumors Pentium

KnightWRX

No, you're not. You want to see a trend in them that's not exactly there. I don't have anything against Apple per say. I don't like how Steve sometimes lies or bends the truth and I certainly don't find parking in handicap spots admirable, regardless of what he may have accomplished in the rest of his left.

I don't park in handicap spots. Does that make me perfect ? No. Does being imperfect excuse me when I'm taking the spot of someone who might need it ? Heck no.

It's not an admirable trait.