Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Deeds500

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 22, 2014
All new design

Better battery

Home kit

Car play

New more powerful chip

Half the keynote dedicated to the camera

New colour

Syncing with other Apple devices

Face recognition and how it is so much better than touch id

Apple pay much improved because of FR

Just my hunch.

Sunny1990

Suspended
Feb 13, 2015
And you missed to add
"Qi Wireless charging"
Given glass back on all three models. They will support wireless [inductive] Charing

Qi wireless charging is in line with rumors that have predicted the iPhone 8 will support inductive charging rather than a true wireless charging feature.

https://www.macrumors.com/2017/08/07/leaked-foxconn-images-iphone-8/

6A1F766B-50AD-43E4-B93A-BAD443003816.png

Last edited:

Cancelled
Jun 28, 2017
5 of those are bad and/or exceedingly boring. The real list:

1. Reduction of bezels

2. Larger display size in small form factor

3. A11 Fusion 10 nanometer chip and accompanying M11 co-processor

4. All-new Apple Neural Engine 'N11' or 'I11' for 'intelligence', and likely following the M-series chips in starting where the A-series currently is.

5. Wireless charging

6. Face ID

7. Cameras, including dual OIS for the rear sensors and Bokeh for the front camera

8. Battery including fast charging

9. Display enhancements including Promotion

10. Strengthened rear glass reducing liklihood of shattering and new white and 'blush gold' colors

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
All new design

Better battery

Home kit

Car play

New more powerful chip

Half the keynote dedicated to the camera

New colour

Syncing with other Apple devices

Face recognition and how it is so much better than touch id

Apple pay much improved because of FR

Just my hunch.
We have VASTLY different definitions of “jaw-dropping,” you & I.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I'm hoping for:

AirPods Included

Ceramic 10th. Anniversary Special Edition

$1199 Price Tag

256GB Storage

Wireless Charging (Why the charging station will cost you.)

Apple won't include the Airpods. Even they did, it would increase price point even further. The Airpods will be a separate entity, as they serve a different demographic. The constraint with the Airpods is still very much relevant, even if the delivery times are finally Reduced from six weeks. But they are an excellent product.

Reactions: ASUgrad1999

Cancelled
Jun 28, 2017
I'm hoping for:

AirPods Included

Ceramic 10th. Anniversary Special Edition

$1199 Price Tag

256GB Storage

Wireless Charging (Why the charging station will cost you.)
What??

AirPods will never be included

A special edition of the special edition?

You want a $1,199 price tag?? How about $999 base price?

256GB of storage is already available in the iPhone 7, so why in the world wouldn't it be available in this one?

NBAasDOGG

Suspended
May 27, 2017
Netherlands
Let me tell you some jaw dropping features the Galaxy S8 already has for just €625 vs the standard iPhone 7 32GB (4.7')

The Samsung phone offers QI-charging, fast-charging (in the box), longer battery life, better camera, larger edge to edge screen, OLED panel, Bluetooth 5.0, 3.5mm headphone jack, universal USB type C, IP68 water/dust resistance, Iris-scanner, facial recognition, 64GB standard, SD-card slot, $100 AKG earbuds (in the box)....

Let alone the iPhone 8 which is going to cost €1500 in EU, HAHAAHAHAHHAHAH

ET iPhone Home

macrumors 68040
Oct 5, 2011
Orange County, California USA
What??

AirPods will never be included

A special edition of the special edition?

You want a $1,199 price tag?? How about $999 base price?

256GB of storage is already available in the iPhone 7, so why in the world wouldn't it be available in this one?

I doubt it will be $999 when the maxed out 7 Plus is at $969. Even if the iPhone 8 had a base price of $1099, that's only $130 more when the prices of the 7S and 7S Plus will remain the same as the current iPhones.

I only mentioned 256GB, because knowing Apple to try and keep the iPhone 8 pricing affordable, I suspect a 128GB variation.

ForumChick

macrumors regular
Aug 11, 2017
USA
5 of those are bad and/or exceedingly boring. The real list:

1. Reduction of bezels

2. Larger display size in small form factor

3. A11 Fusion 10 nanometer chip and accompanying M11 co-processor

4. All-new Apple Neural Engine 'N11' or 'I11' for 'intelligence', and likely following the M-series chips in starting where the A-series currently is.

5. Wireless charging

6. Face ID

7. Cameras, including dual OIS for the rear sensors and Bokeh for the front camera

8. Battery including fast charging

9. Display enhancements including Promotion

10. Strengthened rear glass reducing liklihood of shattering and new white and 'blush gold' colors

Literally half of these features android has had for years. But when apple does it its cool and revolutionary

Cancelled
Jun 28, 2017
I doubt it will be $999 when the maxed out 7 Plus is at $969. Even if the iPhone 8 had a base price of $1099, that's only $130 more when the prices of the 7S and 7S Plus will remain the same as the current iPhones.

I only mentioned 256GB, because knowing Apple to try and keep the iPhone 8 pricing affordable, I suspect a 128GB variation.
A 'maxed out' 7s Plus has nothing to do with it... People don't think, hmmm I need 256GB of storage but the premium iPhone at 64GB of storage is about the same price, so I think I'll just get it.
[doublepost=1503164494][/doublepost]
Literally half of these features android has had for years. But when apple does it its cool and revolutionary
Android has no L-shaped battery, period. Good luck claiming they do. No mass market android phone has as high a screen:face ratio (fact). No android phone is even comparable to the power and efficiency the A11 Fusion will have. No android phone has a chip devoted to efficiency of AI related processes. No mass market android phone has dual rear sensors with OIS. No android phone has variable refresh 120Hz refresh displays.

Welcome back to reality, where your thoughts don't matter, only empirical truths.

Reactions: MLVC

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016

I mentioned this before in another thread, it's not just What Apple does over Android makes them "Cool." It's that they put out an experience to make the features with unique capabilities or features that make the experience convenient or simplistic that just flows well with iOS and built into the hardware. Apple likes to take a different approach with other existing features from
Competitors. That's what I appreciate about Apple, is their approach is of a different mindset.

michael9891

Cancelled
Sep 26, 2016

Apple always try to portray it that way but for most fans of iPhones, it's the fact these features are on the phone and OS they love that makes the difference.

Reactions: DUIduckSAUCE

ET iPhone Home

macrumors 68040
Oct 5, 2011
Orange County, California USA
A 'maxed out' 7s Plus has nothing to do with it... People don't think, hmmm I need 256GB of storage but the premium iPhone at 64GB of storage is about the same price, so I think I'll just get it.

A maxed out 7S plus price has plenty to do with it. Go to Apple and look at the pricing of an iPad, iPad Pro, MacBook, MBA, and MBP-non touch bar, and MBP w/ TB. The pricing is all about catering to a consumer based on price and needs.

Reactions: ForumChick

Ralfi

macrumors 601
Dec 22, 2016
Australia

I'm against fanboism on both sides, but who cares who had a feature first? It's not a race. Android/Apple consumers are both winners in that their opponent are pushing the other along to keep improving.

Apple invented the smart phone....yet I'm not going to rebut every Samsung "oh but we had that first" with that.

Just be happy we're in this golden age of ever evolving mobile tech & stop whining like children (not aimed at you directly, but more the extreme fanbois who are fanatic religious-esque in their barracking)....

Let me tell you some jaw dropping features the Galaxy S8 already has for just €625 vs the standard iPhone 7 32GB (4.7')

The Samsung phone offers QI-charging, fast-charging (in the box), longer battery life, better camera, larger edge to edge screen, OLED panel, Bluetooth 5.0, 3.5mm headphone jack, universal USB type C, IP68 water/dust resistance, Iris-scanner, facial recognition, 64GB standard, SD-card slot, $100 AKG earbuds (in the box)....

A newer phone 'already' has newer features than one released a year prior?

Jaw dropping....

Cancelled
Jun 28, 2017

A maxed out 7S plus price has plenty to do with it. Go to Apple and look at the pricing of an iPad, iPad Pro, MacBook, MBA, and MBP-non touch bar, and MBP w/ TB. The pricing is all about catering to a consumer based on price and needs.
Oh good so you understand it, you just don't understand it. 'The pricing is all about catering to a consumer based on price and needs'. Storage high vs storage low. Enjoy

AfroAbel

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2016
The Netherlands

*yawn*

please do buy the s8, more iPhones for us. ;)

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
It’s fine CarPlay worked on the screen of the phone. There’s absolutely not reason for it not to. We even have car mode now... the technology and even the code is already done. Just give us CarPlay modenwithiut the need of a head unit and call it a day.

Ralfi

macrumors 601
Dec 22, 2016
Australia
It’s fine CarPlay worked on the screen of the phone. There’s absolutely not reason for it not to. We even have car mode now... the technology and even the code is already done. Just give us CarPlay modenwithiut the need of a head unit and call it a day.
Ok now this is interesting.

So cars with supported USB connections may allow the iPhone to function as a CarPlay head unit?

Surprised I never heard of this one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.