Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

macrumors 65816
May 23, 2016
Middle East
Beta 3 out.

ed83a93a74d532bb1b33b77c2fbdee58.jpg

Reactions: jhall8

Galacticos

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2016
Why does that matter? Yes the battery is rated for 80% @ 500 cycles, but I have had batteries hit 500 cycles and still be at 95%. The only number that really matters is health.

So you know you’ve looked after it don’t you? That’s helpful.

But also the reverse case you might be at 60% @ 500.. that shows you could either have a dodgy battery or done something bad (overheating in weather etc)

It’s just more informative

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008

But also the reverse case you might be at 60% @ 500.. that shows you could either have a dodgy battery or done something bad (overheating in weather etc)

But once your battery drops below 80% you can take it to Apple. If its under 500 cycles, they will likely replace it for free, if its over 500 cycles, it will cost you. Regardless, you don't need the information to make a decision. You just need to know the health. I never pay attention to cycles, only health.

Galacticos

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2016
But once your battery drops below 80% you can take it to Apple. If its under 500 cycles, they will likely replace it for free, if its over 500 cycles, it will cost you. Regardless, you don't need the information to make a decision. You just need to know the health. I never pay attention to cycles, only health.
It’s not necessary but as the owner why not have access to that information. At the very least you will know whether to bother taking it in for a check. (Apple stores in my city are a hassle)

boswald

macrumors 65816
Jul 21, 2016
Florida
I received a replacement battery from iFixIt for my birthday, but never got around to installing it. Maybe I'll take my GF's phone to the Apple store and see how they compare (since they're roughly the same price).

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013

It’s not necessary but as the owner why not have access to that information. At the very least you will know whether to bother taking it in for a check. (Apple stores in my city are a hassle)

I received a replacement battery from iFixIt for my birthday, but never got around to installing it. Maybe I'll take my GF's phone to the Apple store and see how they compare (since they're roughly the same price).

Speculation thread here, guys!!

Chazzle

macrumors 68020
Jul 17, 2015
I don’t get why the PB is still a day behind like wth
The same reason that Developer beta and Public beta are separate at all. These betas are meant to be installed first by developers on test devices to see if there are any major bugs that could cause major problems, especially when it comes to data loss. If developers find a major problem with the beta, Apple can fix it before releasing the beta to the public and minimize the amount of devices affected by a major bug.

Direk

macrumors newbie
Feb 6, 2017
With previous beta 2 up this newly installed beta 3, Facebook Messenger app still crashing my IPhone 6 Plus.
Feedback to Apple complied since beta 2.

BiGG DIESEL

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2018

Shure, a company that makes mics for iPhones with Lightning connectivity alongside their range of professional audio gear, claims on Twitter that iOS 11.3 is due out for everyone next week. This is in response to a customer complaint about failed recordings; the company says iOS 11.3 includes a fix for these accessories.

I Higley doubt 11.3 will be released next week.

Reactions: Paddle1

jagooch

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2009
Denver, co
Are homepod features, such as multi-room audio ( the one I'm waiting for ) tied to iOS releases? It seems like if a new feature is added to the Homepod, iOS may need to be updated to give the user access to it.

robert1998

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2017
I think in best case we will get iOS 11.2.7 or something and in the worst case just another iOS 11.3 beta :)

dan9700

Suspended
May 28, 2015
how can this be only beta 3 yet and its a major release with iCloud messages and no where near ready for prime time also they said spring which is next month 11.2.5 had like 7 betas so no way is this it

Reactions: Statusnone88
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.