Status
Not open for further replies.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
xlr8yourmac.com posts a reader email claiming to have received his Dual 2.0GHz PowerMac. The reader has subsequently sent in photos as well as an Apple System Profile report. Further tests/benchmarks pending.

If true, this would represent one of the first Dual G5 2.0GHz machines to be shipped to an individual.

[Ed note: The G5 photo gallery at the top of Xlr8yourmac.com is unrelated to this story. One at Xlr8yourmac.com, scroll down to "Reader reports his EDU order Dual G5 arrived"]

freaky57

macrumors newbie
Aug 20, 2003
Michigan
Please send out the DUALY'S

I am so pissed I ordered mine right after WWDC and I checked the Apple store today and it has just been pushed back another 21 days!!! AGHHH!
By the way I am offically anoucing my computer company today it's called "NeveRaRive" we are announcing the FASTER COMPUTER IN THE WORLD AT 22GHZ, will be released in 2023.:mad:

Comment

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
Re: Please send out the DUALY'S

Originally posted by freaky57
I am so pissed I ordered mine right after WWDC and I checked the Apple store today and it has just been pushed back another 21 days!!! AGHHH!
By the way I am offically anoucing my computer company today it's called "NeveRaRive" we are announcing the FASTER COMPUTER IN THE WORLD AT 22GHZ, will be released in 2023.:mad:

I totally hear you - by the time these things get out to the masses, they WON'T be the fastest computers anymore! I wonder how all the people who have ordered G5s feel being the owners of "virtual computers" right now. ;)

Oh, and the scary thing is, in 2023, a 22GHz machine will no doubt be very slow - I'm sure some sort of "optical psychic computer" will be around by then. And people will still be waiting for their 15" G5 PowerBook updates...

;)

- Shard

Comment

freaky57

macrumors newbie
Aug 20, 2003
Michigan
The part that's really bad is that I ordered a 23 cinema display and a the soundsticks with the iSub at the same time as the G5 announcment. I have to use them on my crappy PC untill the Dual G5 Beast is shipped. I also ordered a 30gb iPod at the same time but I finally gave up and sold it it really sucks using musicmatch. The drive is formated for windows so I can't swap with my mac friends. I can't wait to leave the windows world!
The screen sure does rock!:)

Comment

Arcady

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2002
Lexington, KY
The part that's really bad is that I ordered a 23 cinema display and a the soundsticks with the iSub at the same time as the G5 announcment. I have to use them on my crappy PC untill the Dual G5 Beast is shipped.

You have a PC with an ADC port?

Comment

JtheLemur

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2002
I smell bullshiiiiit.

But hey, if not, and this kid really got his, I'm pissssed. All my Edu. Inst. orders (Keynote-day CTOs) got bumped to 9/23. Which, according to my rep, is only 10-15 days, but still - school starts tomorrow. Argh.

Comment

themadchemist

macrumors 68030
Jan 31, 2003
Chi Town
Re: The 1st Dual 2.0GHz Arrives

Originally posted by xlr8yourmac
In other news, the individual who reported to have received her EDU order has been identified. She is a Ms. Jobs.

sorry folks, it's the only explanation I can come up with.

Comment

freaky57

macrumors newbie
Aug 20, 2003
Michigan
No... PC's do not have ADC ports! I use my Apple Display with the ADC to DVI converter that Apple sells for 100 bucks. Apple screen are soooo... nice.

Comment

seamuskrat

Contributor
Feb 17, 2003
New Jersey USA
Universities

I can personally attest to 3 machines at USC that are Dual G5.
They arrived Today and are sitting in the shipping and receiving secure loading dock area. So SOME machines are out there, at least with those affiliated with universities.

Comment

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
I also ordered a 30gb iPod at the same time but I finally gave up and sold it it really sucks using musicmatch. The drive is formated for windows so I can't swap with my mac friends. I can't wait to leave the windows world!

you realize you can reformat it for the mac, right?

my order (placed last friday) still says on or before 10/14.. which is ok, except that new orders (same exact config) say 3-5 weeks... here's hoping it's the "or before" part. hah

Comment

sonicsessions

macrumors member
May 29, 2003
i am localized
what a joke! my dual was just bumped to 23 Sept from 2 Sept... I just love how Apple waits until after it was supposed to ship, then bumps the shipping date.
I really don't get why this fellow would get his now... I ordered 3 hours after WWDC's keynote, through the Apple Dev Connection as a Student Developer, and yet I got bumped... maybe this guy is masquerading as Virginia Tech or something...

Comment

AppleMatt

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2003
UK
Originally posted by Modano
Where are the pics, then? Why would they say he'd sent pics then not post them?

Waste of bandwidth? Hasn't the time? Too low a quality? Preparing a later article?

I believe the report, if Mike thinks it's real I'm happy to take his word.

AppleMatt

Comment

theRebel

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2003
Originally posted by sonicsessions
what a joke! my dual was just bumped to 23 Sept from 2 Sept... I just love how Apple waits until after it was supposed to ship, then bumps the shipping date.
I really don't get why this fellow would get his now... I ordered 3 hours after WWDC's keynote, through the Apple Dev Connection as a Student Developer, and yet I got bumped... maybe this guy is masquerading as Virginia Tech or something...

Did you order a standard config or a BTO config?

Standard configs get shipped faster.

BTW, ordering 3 hours after the keynote probably still puts a few thousand systems ahead of you.

Comment

zer0army

macrumors regular
Jan 28, 2003
Toronto
I think the High res pics of the single G5 are from a different person. The Dual Pics have just not be posted yet

Comment

brucku

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2003
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule
you realize you can reformat it for the mac, right?

He meant, that it has to be in windows format for him to manage it with musicmatch, but then it is incompatible with his mac friends, but i think he should have kept it until his mac came, then reformatted.

Comment

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
Originally posted by brucku
He meant, that it has to be in windows format for him to manage it with musicmatch, but then it is incompatible with his mac friends, but i think he should have kept it until his mac came, then reformatted.

ahh. well i say screw the friend. hah

and i'm pretty sure macs can't work with ipods in windows format, but not the other way around... oh well

Comment

Roller

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2003
Originally posted by zer0army
I think the High res pics of the single G5 are from a different person. The Dual Pics have just not be posted yet

Yes, the pics were taken by someone else. Even though he only has a single processor G5, the images are stunning and well worth a look.

Comment

Magicite

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2002
Twin Cities
I just started college and got a job working for the computer department [obviously called something else].

One of the big cheeses has a Dual 2 Ghz G5 sitting on his desk, and he got it / unpacked it yesterday. Supposedly I'm going to be allowed to pet it tomorrow. Yay!

Comment

ImAlwaysRight

macrumors 6502a
I have a dual 2.0 G5 EDU institutional order placed July 24, was to ship "on or before Oct. 3" and was told this AM it was being built. I noticed online there is a problem with the credit card processing so I will call tomorrow AM to clear that up, but hopefully this will ship tomorrow. I upgraded my shipping to next day, so I should have this by Friday.

This is very sweet as last time Apple announced a new product and I ordered early through EDU store, I learned of retail orders that were placed 2 weeks AFTER my order shipped before mine. So it looks like things have come full circle. :)

Comment
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.