The 4 most likely outcomes of Robert Mueller's investigation

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, Mar 5, 2018.

1. ericgtr12 macrumors 65816

ericgtr12

At first this seemed like this thing was heading the same way as the Hillary email server investigation, where they found some evidence but not enough to convict of anything. However, this guy Mueller is calm, cool, collected and focused. You can see why Trump is losing his mind, I would not want this buy after me. In the end if there's something to be found, he'll find it and he'll nail you for it.

2. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

I’m not clear, can Trump directly fire Mueller or must he rely on Sessions to do it?

3. SusanK macrumors 68000

Sessions recused himself. The task would fall to Rosenstein.

4. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

So there is a firewall...thank goodness.

5. ericgtr12 macrumors 65816

ericgtr12

I think Trump can still technically fire him but it would basically end his presidency. He has no real choice but to ride it out.

6. LizKat macrumors 601

LizKat

I dunno, if the reporting about the Kushner and the Qatar spat ends up being correct, in that Trump turned on Qatar (with us having military assets there for God's sake!) just because Qatari royals ended up taking a pass on funding a floundering Kushner real estate deal, I don't see why the House of Representatives should wait for Mueller to dot a bunch of other i's and cross all those other t's.

After all that would translate to the USA having deranged (and I do mean deranged) its foreign policy and possibly put US troops at risk over a family member's pique at a failed business deal. And as far as the foreign policy went, we made a longstanding adversary look humanitarian and like the regional player it means to be again some day: Iran opened the ports it controls to help Qatar survive the blockade Saudi-led emirates laid on.

The GOP is once again running pretzel logic: they don't like the Iran nuclear agreement and trashed the Obama administration for making it, but they look the other way when Trump gives Qatar a thumping for no pristine reason (meanwhile pitching "well but they support terrorists" as the excuse) but also gives Iran a chance to shine brightly in the hearts and minds of every Shi'ite adherent in the whole Middle East, including in Qatar itself.

Way to go, Donnie. And why does the GOP blink and nod and consult its watch and straighten its tie and check its shoelaces and wonder if it's lunchtime yet. This is their guy, this is their watch, and they're gawking the same as if they were backbench third party members. This is the most corrupt administration in the history of the Republic.

We may need the meticulous work of Mueller and his team to document that, in detail -- and they are doing that-- but Trump and his family don't even make any bones about their disregard for niceties like conflicts of interest. They never have, really. The Trump machine hasn't been shy about exploiting its advantages. Switching up foreign policy to suit a material and personal grudge might be a bridge too far though. The House doesn't have to wait on Mueller to debate that. I want to hear the arguments... I expect something better than "it looks bad but that's coincidental".

7. Gutwrench Contributor

Gutwrench

8. Ledsteplin macrumors 6502a

Ledsteplin

No, he won't. And has no reason to do so.

9. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

While I can’t claim this will happen with certainty, when the BIG MUELLER BOMB falls and Trump is directly implicated in wrong doing, how much of his base, and Republican Congressional Leadership will finally throw in the towel and admit, he’s a BIG FAT CROOK possibly treasonous, but then who still be making excuses for him or worse will blame it on a plot by the TREASONOUS FBI instead? :oops::oops:

10. ThisIsNotMe Suspended

What do you think they are going to get him on that would be a 'bomb'?
    In all likelihood the only think they are building up to is a nebulous 'obstruction' charge and if that is the type of charge that is brought, everyone will brush it aside.

Hell, there is more tangible evidence that the DNC colluded with Russia through Steele or other foreign agents, like Mexican illegal aliens, to influence the campaign than what is even claimed against Trump.

11. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

I prefer not to speculate, as I might underestimate. As far as collusion, we’ve hung people for that. Sure we’ll brush it aside. :oops: Btw, I don’t concede the DNC colluded with Russia. Sounds more like excuse making prepared in advance to shield Trump.

12. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

No there is not.

13. Ledsteplin macrumors 6502a

Ledsteplin

Shield Trump? From what? This investigation has been going on for well over a year. No evidence whatsoever that Trump was involved in any Russian collusion.

14. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Watergate went on for two.

15. 0007776 Suspended

And Nixon was never convicted of anything. So clearly that was a nothing burger just like the Russia investigation.

16. ThisIsNotMe Suspended

There are literally videos of DNC politicians (and social media companies) colluding with foreign nationals (DACA illegal aliens) to influence elections and the legislative process.

The DNC has admitted to paying a foreign agent Steele to collude with Russia on the discredited Dirty Dossier to influence elections and the legislative process. And social media companies like Yahoo and Buzzfeed colluded with Steele and the DNC to spread this discredited information.

17. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

How close have you been paying to the news? :)

18. appleisking macrumors 6502a

Idk what sort of non sequiter you’re trying to bring about here but talking to a “foreigner” is not the same as colluding with a foreign power.

19. CaptMurdock Suspended

CaptMurdock

#ILoveThatStory. :rolleyes:

20. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

You missed this year's Oscars. Try for next year!

21. linuxcooldude macrumors 68020

Hilarys email issue was not about enough evidence, clearly there was. But Comey said to the effect no procecutor would procecute Hilary. So he recommended "Not to procecute" But that was not his authority to decide except the DOJ.

22. appleisking macrumors 6502a

Sure it is. He made a recommendation not a mandate. Where were all those prosecutors of conscience who were perfectly free to make their own decisions on their own?

23. Gutwrench Contributor

Gutwrench

Well, an argument can be made for anything, but keeping Mueller is probably more beneficial to Trump.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 5, 2018 ---
    Certainly Lynch and crew would not proactively prosecute.

Comey’s role is to investigate and forward the case to prosecutors with a recommendation. The prosecutors make the decision whether to prosectue or not.

Remember Lynch (so conveniently) said she’d accept the FBI’s conclusion. Leaving Comey’s announcement as the final decision, which was not his authority.