The 4s had a lot more availability than the iPhone 5 does.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jacoblee23, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Jacoblee23 macrumors 6502a

Every place I know around here is sold out. Even places like Radio Shack. I've been trying to find my mom a Verizon IPhone, and literally nobody has them in stock. Is this a case of the 5 being more popular, or what? I remember seeing the 4s everywhere shortly after launch.

2. d123 macrumors 68000

d123

They are expecting Apple to sell another 5 million units in the new 22 countries just launched yesterday.

I doubt any factory or supply chain is really capable of keeping up with that, it will probably be quite some time before supply > demand.

3. optophobia macrumors 6502a

optophobia

I think it depends on where you are. I walked in to an AT&T store last weekend (in Wisconsin) and purchased an iPhone 5, and then got another one yesterday at an Applestore ( in MA).
    Last year I preordered.

4. d123 macrumors 68000

d123

True, but I think those looking for AT&T model A1428 iPhones are at an advantage, that model is virtually only for the States, anyone wanting A1429 iPhones has a lot more competition, especially if wanting to buy sim free/unlocked.

If you want a contract, probably a little easier to find, but still much scarcer.