Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr. MacBook

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 28, 2007
I really enjoy the fact that piles of apps can be on at once.

I want to know how to change the size of the Safari window so i can look on at it while looking at something else(like a DVD or TV show,for instance) without clicking.

Pleassseeeee helpppp.

live4ever

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2003
You could use a script to resize the window. Here's one that makes the window 800x600 and moves it to the upper left side of the screen:
Code:
tell application "Safari"
	set bounds of window 1 to {10, 30, 800, 600}
end tell

panoz7

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2005
Raleigh, NC
You click the resize corner and resize it to whatever size and shape you desire.

Click and drag the lower right corner of the window.

Read the original post. He wants to do it without using the mouse.

Can you map an applescript to a key combination? Maybe quicksilver will let you do this? I'm nut much of a quicksilver or applescript guy myself but I'm sure others will know.

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
Make two bookmarks and put them (among the first 9, my advice is as number 1 and 2) in your Bookmarks bar.

Name one "Small" (or whatever) and the other "Full". Edit the Addresses to:

javascript:self.moveTo(0,0);self.resizeTo(800,600);

for the small one (and adjust the numbers 800 and 600 to find your preferred "small" width and height, respectively), and

javascript:self.moveTo(0,0);self.resizeTo(screen.availWidth,screen.availHeight);

for the full screen one.

If they are positioned as number 1 and 2 in your Bookmarks bar, you can use cmd-1 and cmd-2 to access them...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.