Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LapsangSouchong

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 15, 2010
the burrows
So I called my local Radio Shack and asked if he had a 64GB black, Verizon (I have an AT&T one, but am looking to switch). He says "Apple corporate headquarters" told Radio Shack that the pre-orders are backed up til "February". LOL.
Raise your hand if you believe that. :D

robertk328

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2010
I was buying some wire for a project and the guy tries to sell me batteries and wants to know when my cell phone contract is up and offers me $10 credit if he can run a check on it. No thanks.

nefan65

macrumors 65816
Apr 15, 2009
I was buying some wire for a project and the guy tries to sell me batteries and wants to know when my cell phone contract is up and offers me $10 credit if he can run a check on it. No thanks.

Wow...that's nuts.

That sounds as bad as the cell phone guys in the middle of the malls. You walk by, and they attack you with questions about your cell service, etc. WTF?

LapsangSouchong

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 15, 2010
the burrows
Wow...that's nuts.

That sounds as bad as the cell phone guys in the middle of the malls. You walk by, and they attack you with questions about your cell service, etc. WTF?

and make up stuff lol. Exactly.

But then, I was just in Verizon and the guy told me the Verizon iphone 5 COULD do simultaneous voice and data. So I asked him to show me.
He was quite surprised (and a little schooled). :D

richmds

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2012
They dont ask for phone number now they want your email.

And if you dont provide it they try to inform and educate you that you are missing out on a lot of really great promotions and services that Radio Shack offers and there is no charge for this service.

sjc83

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2008
Cleveland
So I called my local Radio Shack and asked if he had a 64GB black, Verizon (I have an AT&T one, but am looking to switch). He says "Apple corporate headquarters" told Radio Shack that the pre-orders are backed up til "February". LOL.
Raise your hand if you believe that. :D

you ever think that maybe this is what they are told, these kids make $9 bucks a hour and really have no clue whats going on, so maybe he was told that and really thinks that.

----------

I did it, got a $5 coupon off off anything they sell, worth it to me.

nefan65

macrumors 65816
Apr 15, 2009
and make up stuff lol. Exactly.

But then, I was just in Verizon and the guy told me the Verizon iphone 5 COULD do simultaneous voice and data. So I asked him to show me.
He was quite surprised (and a little schooled). :D

HAAA! Too funny. At one time they could do that to people. But there's too much info on the Interwebs now, along with online ordering. I just use the brick/mortar to physically hold the devices, etc...

gapperonduty

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2010
I panicked and called one near my house and the man said one shipment is expected tomorrow. No idea whether it is ATT, Verizon or Sprint, but it is coming...

raise your hands if you rather believe THIS! :)

LapsangSouchong

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 15, 2010
the burrows
I panicked and called one near my house and the man said one shipment is expected tomorrow. No idea whether it is ATT, Verizon or Sprint, but it is coming...

raise your hands if you rather believe THIS! :)
HA. Cool. You gonna go in there?

I just called Verizon locally and she said no local stores have any and they will "ship October 26". Who knows if that's true either lol. That's what Verizon on the phone told me last night, so it's at least THEIR party line.

I love my Iphone5, but am way over AT&T service here. Too bad I'll have to go without for a while after I return this one.

----------

HAAA! Too funny. At one time they could do that to people. But there's too much info on the Interwebs now, along with online ordering. I just use the brick/mortar to physically hold the devices, etc...
Yeah, he very boldly walked me over to a display model and launched youtube and a video and then made a call. Whoops. He looked kinda mortified.

richmds

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2012
you ever think that maybe this is what they are told, these kids make $9 bucks a hour and really have no clue whats going on, so maybe he was told that and really thinks that.

The ones around me are staffed with middle aged men with that thousand mile stare of hopelessness in their eyes.

famous600

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2010
You can check RadioShack inventory online at RadioShack.com everyplace around me is sold out except the shack, even called and confirmed!

gapperonduty

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2010
You can check RadioShack inventory online at RadioShack.com everyplace around me is sold out except the shack, even called and confirmed!

Many stores are quoted to have in stock by using the radio inventory online, but after calling to check, no stores has them...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.