The American-Israeli Lobby

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by SMM, Apr 8, 2008.

1. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

I posted a thread about this sometime last Summer, and was beat-up pretty good by the membership. Most thought I was being anti-semitic. The truth is far from that. I am really concerned with how the far-right faction in Tel Aviv, and the US Israeli lobby, shapes US foreign policy and puts American and Israeli citizens at risk.

I first began to consider this during the first Gulf War. In 2006, I found a Working Paper, written by two political science professors. It solidified many of the observations and questions, I had been mulling over. Later, I was unable to find it again. However, I came across it today. I would like to offer it for your consideration. It is very well-written and should be understood by those who are interested in how the MSM is manipulated by this lobby, and how it places us in harms way.

2. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

This paper is little more than leftist, anti-Israeli propaganda.

But, aside from the ridiculous assertions that the paper makes as to the scope of the Israeli Lobby's power, what separates "the Lobby" from any other influential group?

3. SMM thread starter macrumors 65816

SMM

Nice try. I doubt if you even bothered to read the paper. You have never shown any interest in learning the truth. You have pre-formed positions (not opinions, which suggest a reasonable attempt to arrive at an informed conclusion). Dismissing this as "..little more than leftist, anti-Israeli propaganda" is a clear indication that you are simply making a troll attack. You did not offer one scrap of contention, which challenges what the authors have written. There are over 40 pages of references for each point they make. You have offered nothing.

4. DZ/015 macrumors 6502a

DZ/015

As do you, other than your opinion, with an internet article to back it up. Just my opinion. And every opinion has two sides, the truth has three.

5. SMM thread starter macrumors 65816

SMM

"The Lobby Strikes Back"

It is not an Internet article. You did not even read it. If you had, you would know it was a joint paper written by two political science PHDs, one from the University of Chicago and the other from Harvard. Your comments are now rejected, lacking any merit. People like you are why the Israeli lobby's influence is so strong. You attempt to suppress any discussion about it. But, you better get used to a newer level of scrutiny than ever before.

6. DZ/015 macrumors 6502a

DZ/015

Wow, two political science phd's are now the be-all-end-all of intellectual discourse. I'm sorry that I missed the memo that relayed that information.

I am not "The Lobby" you refer to, your comments are now relegated to the dustbin of history. To use your logic.

In closing, you are not the most knowledgeable person on the subject. Insults will only get you nowhere. Which is where you are as far as I am concerned

7. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

Geez guys, why don't we just break out the rock'em sock'em robots and settle this like men?

8. DZ/015 macrumors 6502a

DZ/015

I'm all for that. I'd even be okay with paintballs.

9. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

Sounds like little girl talk to me. Get in that robot, and get punching.

Topically, I've been reading parts of the study off and on all night. I find it extremely difficult to understand the complexities of the relationship between the U.S. and Israel. However the strong-arm cowboyism employed by both States is counterproductive towards actually achieving any kind of amicable cease-fire, so until the subject is examined with more clarity and less bravado and chest-pounding, I don't see anything changing. Views on Israel in the United States are certainly pretty divergent from how the rest of the world sees the nation.

10. DZ/015 macrumors 6502a

DZ/015

Not to mention our relation with the Arab states. It is not a simple issue. And there are no simple answers. I ,by no means claim to have any answers. I wish I did. I'd be extremely wealthy if I did. But I am trying to understand.