The Amero

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MBX, Dec 28, 2008.

1. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I was going to post that exact same image.

There is NO PROOF WHATSOEVER that the Amero will ever come into existence. It's the sort of crap pushed by the same morons who think 9/11 was a government conspiracy

2. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I didn't watch the videos, but from what I've heard about the idea of the Amero I don't see why it bothers people. Personally I would love to see North America have the same currency, but it has no chance of happening anytime soon.

3. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

What did I just say about an hour ago? Wow- that didn't take long. The kooks are out in full force already. Just wait til after the inauguration. Teh Stupid is going to be everywhere.:rolleyes:

4. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I don't think it's a terrible thing either. Europe is trying to make it easier for people to cross borders, while we're making it harder. IIRC, pretty soon you'll need a passport just to cross the US/Canada border. It used to be that a drivers license was sufficient.

5. 63dot macrumors 603

63dot

Wow, this is going to give www.dc-coin.com a lot of business, or other small private mints.

Hey everybody, if Obama goes with this coin, we should all be investors, early, and become really rich. I propose using old iPods as currency. ;)

6. 63dot macrumors 603

63dot

I am neutral as to if we merge currencies or not. I remember the huge debate that went on in Europe with the Euro and how it was the definite coming of the anti-Christ. What's funny about the Amero claim is that the left wing blames the right wing and the right wing blames the left wing. And if for some reason, a plan like this comes together and becomes successful and popular, both sides will be claiming it was their own idea, and thus brilliant. :)

7. aethelbert macrumors 601

Ah yes, the Amero. Maybe it could be used on the moon, once we do get there for the first time, as the official currency of the government running the lunar holocaust, since we never had one of those here on earth.

Remember, boys and girls, George W Bush pushed the buttons for 11/9 to happen.

Now the question is this: will such a thread follow similar fate as the last two carrying the same topic: the move to the wasteland?

8. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

New to american politics???:p

9. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Maybe the aliens we're hiding in Area 51 can use it to buy stuff on their home planet.

10. aethelbert macrumors 601

As long as the US government doesn't inject the aliens with some deadly disease like it did AIDS with Africans, that's a great idea. We just have to make sure that nobody shoots down their ships back to space with oceanic-based missiles as they did Trans World 800.

11. 63dot macrumors 603

63dot

I always wanted my own Area 51 (guitar), but it was a little pricey.

Attached Files:

12. 63dot macrumors 603

63dot

But if I ever got the cash together to buy an Area 51, I would use these plectrums.:D

Attached Files:

13. itcheroni macrumors 6502a

I don't understand what replacing the dollar with another fiat currency will accomplish. By time? Unless it's backed by gold. And why would the US be shipping the new currency to China? Make the dollar worthless first, then buy China's dollars with this supposed new currency. Doesn't make any sense. I believe the dollar is being driven into the ground but the rest isn't logical. Even if this is all true, it would be a good thing for the US to eliminate our debts for pennies on the...Amero, I guess. It's the rest of the world that's screwed. :confused:

EDIT: In the 2nd video-it is me or does the audio not match the video? And anybody can mint coins. I walk around talking about the collapse of the dollar all the time. This guy is making me look bad!

14. MBX thread starter macrumors 65816

15. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

So Lou Dobbs, do you have anything worthwhile to add to your own thread?

16. MBX thread starter macrumors 65816

Hey don't kill the messenger, ok?

I did not claim the Amero is coming nor it is a good or bad thing. I just posted these videos to see what other people think about it and the Amero.

17. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Have you got your answer yet?

18. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

I'm sure Canada would just love the U.S. establishing the value of our currency.

WTF is this guy smoking??

19. SactoGuy18 macrumors 68030

SactoGuy18

The idea of a precious-metals backed Amero is not as ridiculous as it seems. With all the problems with have with fiat currency and the issues of currency exchange rates, a stable multinational currency backed by precious metals could happen within 10-15 years.

20. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

maybe it would make a snazzy name for an odd looking car