The amount of updates you have to download and install is crazy

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by venividivigor, Mar 21, 2016.

1. venividivigor macrumors 6502

Not hating, but I just realized how many devices I had to download and install new updates to, if you're invested in the whole Apple ecosystem.

All these updates are tethered to each other, I couldn't update my Apple Watch unless I updated my iPhone to 9.3. Then I had to update my iPad Pro, MacBook Pro, and Apple TV. The process is huge.

2. Hofstede macrumors newbie

The continuous update depicts Apple's continuous effort on improving their products?

3. electronicsguy macrumors 6502a

electronicsguy

so stop buying so many apple products :)

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

Doesn't that go for pretty much any system you have? If you have a couple of laptops with Windows and a desktop computer with Windows then at least once a month you have updates to install on all of them, not counting any other updates for other software that might be on them that.

5. BentTable123 macrumors member

No that's not true. If you don't update windows, everything still works. Your iphone or ipod will still sync with old windows.

6. Silvrbill macrumors member

Really....huge huh.
    So it takes a couple of hours out of your entire life...big deal.

7. \-V-/ Suspended

\-V-/

This is the most 1st-world-problems thread I've ever seen. Honestly if you set everything to auto update you won't haven't to worry about most of this. Also, you don't need to update everything the moment it comes out. But yes, gosh darn it, I hate having security updates, updated features, and optimization.

8. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Number of updates, not amount of updates.

9. jerwin macrumors 65816

A first world broadband connection helps.

10. \-V-/ Suspended

\-V-/

You can have things update while you sleep.

11. Laserducky macrumors regular

Laserducky

Updates apart, the sort of budget one needs nowadays to 'upgrade' an Apple eco-system is quite high and getting steeper with each upgrade albeit Apple products do last a long time so one doesn't have to get whacked with the big-bang approach (unless one insists on having the latest and greatest i.e. upgrade all at the same time) ;-)

Cheers !

12. jerwin macrumors 65816

Actually it was "free" steam weekends that pushed me into getting a half-decent internet service. Spending a Saturday afternoon watching 8 Gigabytes trickle through ones connection takes some of the joy out of the experience.

13. \-V-/ Suspended

\-V-/

Believe me, I know. It's painful.

14. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

And
    if there weren't regular updates, you'd be complaining about that instead.