The Apple Camera...allmost real!

coeus

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 3, 2002
albany, western australia
Hey...

ever wanted that elusive camera realsed from apple?

The iPod - 5G HDD, 32 Megs of RAM, Firewire, 10 hours of battery, decent software and an interface to die for! So basicly you have the basis of everything.

Want a DVideo or DStill camera? Get Sony or Kodak to make one that slips over the iPod. The software can take care of the rest. You want moving video WITH sound, select that with the provided software. or moving video WITHOUT sound and so on and so on. Then the possibilities are endless. Screens, speakers, keyboards etc etc.

Attachments

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
But you have to admit.....

It's a more convincing image than what you get over at SPYMAC!!!:D :D :D :D

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Originally posted by blakespot
That's clearly a Photoshop job. There is no way that thing is real.
Actually, it looks more like a vector program, I'd bet on Illustrator or Freehand. The level of detail is quite impressive.

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
Speaking of mock ups......

Did anyone see the mock ups the ATTIK did for MacWorld magazine a few months ago?? well 5 or so months ago!! They were very innovative!! Especially the Powerbook, with a separate screen and a wireless keyboard that is flexible and can be rolled up!!!

Truely superb!!!:)

Dunepilot

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2002
UK
You're a designer, right?

Hey Coeus,

you can't hide design skills like that from me! Which agency?

It's for photoshop pros like you that they do the 'bake-off' every MacWorld event. I mean, the rendering times of the Velocity Engine must have kept you from moving to Windows for your mission-critical stuff time and time again.

Keep up the good work

Happy Easter all

Quark

macrumors regular
Jan 9, 2002
Wow, where was the photo taken??!!

This whole thread is a revised version of what I posted a week ago - although it was in the 20GB iPod thread:

Apple will do an mid-event like they did with the iPod's original release.

They'll send out teasers - new Digital products, not a computer.

Then they will announce the new FireWire 2 iPod 20GB, with the new Digital mini handheld camera that works for both Digital Video and 4.x or 6.x megapixels stills. They worked with Nikon and Canon on these.

They connect to the iPod using an enhanced FireWire 2 cable, which is very flexible and not nearly as stiff or thick as some of the current FireWire cables.

The new iPod will have two types of carying attachments - one for the belt the other for the fore-arm.

You could use it either way. The handheld units are tiny and take little power - the biggest items are the display (3.5 inches) and the lens, not Carl-Zeiss though. It has a built-in flash, a sort of Dialing menu with a dial that resembles the iPods dial, only smaller. The options are amazing.

I say units because there are two versions - one with a large lens which allows telephoto/filter attachments, the other is much smaller and designed for the simpler consumer.
:D
Quark

blakespot

Administrator
Jun 4, 2000
Alexandria, VA
Re: Naw

Originally posted by TiMacLover
I'm perfectly happy with my Quicktake 200, which I wounder would iPhoto be able to fetch the images from my camera?
iPhoto is OS X only. OS X does not lend support to oldschool serial ports, of which there are none on recent Macs. Well, there is one, and that is the internal modem port. If you add a Stealth Serial Port to that internal modem jack you get an oldschool serial port and evern a port driver under OS X---but iTunes would have to specifically support the use of foreign port drivers, which it does not.

So the answer is, sadly, no. I have a QuickTake 200 and it was my only digicam for years until I grabbed a Canon PowerShot S30 this past Christmas. Fine old camera, the QT. I think Arn just got a QT 100.

blakespot

Pelorus

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2001
Re: Re: Naw

iPhoto is OS X only. OS X does not lend support to oldschool serial ports, of which there are none on recent Macs. Well, there is one, and that is the internal modem port.
With the new iMac...that sorta ends. It's a usb modem

me hate windows

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2002
Re: Speaking of mock ups......

Originally posted by iGAV
Did anyone see the mock ups the ATTIK did for MacWorld magazine a few months ago?? well 5 or so months ago!! They were very innovative!! Especially the Powerbook, with a separate screen and a wireless keyboard that is flexible and can be rolled up!!!

Truely superb!!!:)
There is a keyboard that can be rolled up and it's waterproof, but it's not wireless:(

http://www.crywolfstore.com/shop/?action=Details&sku=245

Billicus

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2002
Charles City, Iowa
Re: Re: Naw

iPhoto is OS X only. OS X does not lend support to oldschool serial ports, of which there are none on recent Macs. Well, there is one, and that is the internal modem port. If you add a Stealth Serial Port to that internal modem jack you get an oldschool serial port and evern a port driver under OS X---but iTunes would have to specifically support the use of foreign port drivers, which it does not.

So the answer is, sadly, no. I have a QuickTake 200 and it was my only digicam for years until I grabbed a Canon PowerShot S30 this past Christmas. Fine old camera, the QT. I think Arn just got a QT 100.

When did we switch from talking about iPhoto to talking about iTunes. The last time I checked, iTunes doesn't support any digital cameras - but that's for right now. I'd look for future support though.

One more thing...

Pelorus
macrumors newbie

quote:
------------------------------------------------------------------------

iPhoto is OS X only. OS X does not lend support to oldschool serial ports, of which there are none on recent Macs. Well, there is one, and that is the internal modem port.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

With the new iMac...that sorta ends. It's a usb modem.

I'm confused.

madamimadam

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2002
WHY DO YOU GUYS ALWAYS HAVE TO BE SO ****ING NEGATIVE.

You don't think that MAYBE, just ONCE, a rumour image could be an exclusive and REAL prototype. How could you seriously doubt the nature of this image, it is SO perfect it could NOT have been forged.

TiMacLover

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2001
Clovis, CA USA
Cause

I have been on Macrumors.com everyday for the last 3 years, and here is what I seem to understand....

Real = Good
Fake = Crap

That my son is crap, it looks like it was done on a PeeCee.

coeus

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 3, 2002
albany, western australia
Dunepilot,
hahaha. Nope, no design expert at all plus that image was created on a windows machine! LOL...
I want to convert, Apple is starting to make an impresion on me! my parents wallet aint so sure though.

madamimadamtimallen,
uh, i did forge it. the whole idea just popped into my head when i was reading an article about someone wanting a digi cam from apple.

i hope Apple does something like this with the iPod. its just more of an incentive to pay 900 bucks (AUS) to get one. otherwise its not going to sell very well in australia because its expensive. even with Apples reputation of good hardware/high price, it doesnt actually perswad (spelling?) many people in australia. mainly because australians are most the likely the most computer/technological illiterate race (other than those poor people with 3rd world countries).

madamimadam

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2002
Originally posted by coeus
madamimadamtimallen,
uh, i did forge it. the whole idea just popped into my head when i was reading an article about someone wanting a digi cam from apple.
Dude, that sounded FAR to serious for my liking

kishba

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2001
Michigan
I take photos for my high school paper every once in awhile and I really enjoy using their digital camera. I'd like to get one for myself so I can practice & have fun taking photos, but I don't really like the options available.

My main choice right now is from Canon (the s110) but it's not perfect for me. I feel that Apple could make a nice camera that would have the best set of features and would work perfectly with my mac.

They did it with the iPod & iTunes and I hope they consider doing it with the iCam & iPhoto!

Until then I will just keep waiting... and waiting... and waiting...

j763

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2001
Champaign, IL, USA
F***ing Apple Australia!!!!!! I wonder how many iPod's they've managed to sell for $895...!!! gr... i remember when the Australian dollar was worth more than the American dollar...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.