The Apple of My Eye: What Apple device gives you the most satisfaction

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Granny-Smith, Apr 20, 2011.

1. Granny-Smith macrumors newbie

You come into some money, you do not have an apple product of any kind but have substitutes made by other companies (meaning you have some rudimentary mp3 player, a basic laptop, etc)...

What apple product would you go out and buy?

2. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

As you can see in my sig I have several Apple products. I think an iPhone 4 would be my choice.

Mostly becuase its with me every waking moment and has the most uses. Phone, mail, games, web surfing, etc.

3. Young Spade macrumors 68020

Definitely my BlackBook. Upgraded RAM and a 2.2ghz processor, I can do everything I would ever want to do with this computer.

I love the look of the MacBook Pros though and would love the battery life that they get (I'm getting around 3 hours on this one, just ordered another battery though). I haven't had the need for a backlit keyboard yet but I'm sure it would come in handy eventually.

4. iMacThere4Iam macrumors regular

I really appreciate large screens, so, true to my moniker, I'd go with an iMac.

The iPhone is probably the most useful tech device, day in and day out, that I've ever owned, and I love my new 32 GB iPad 2, but when I sit down to my iMac for a spell, I feel connected to all those fanatical loyalists who never gave up on Apple.

Besides that, it is a glass and aluminum conversation piece; it's the first thing new guests to my home comment on. "Oh, you're an Apple person, how do you like your Mac?" Then I give 'em the sales pitch, of course.

5. DavidLeblond macrumors 68020

DavidLeblond

I use a Dell laptop at work, so coming home to my Macbook Pro makes me appreciate it more than the other devices.

6. Young Spade macrumors 68020

Apple products are always great conversation pieces; there have been many times I asked others next to me in the coffee shop how they like their Mac and what's so great about it. Don't get me wrong, I didn't' go table to table asking lol, but if someone was sitting near and wasn't occupied, I had no problem asking.

The end result was me getting a great condition BlackBook which I love. I am now on the receiving end of the questions :)

7. Cheffy Dave macrumors 68030

Cheffy Dave

Sunny Florida, on the Gulf Coast in Homosassa Fl
    I love my 2007 Black macBook, tethered to a Dell 24" Ultra monitor,
    I adore my 1st gen iPad use it a LOT!
    I am totally smitten with my 11"MBA 4GB RAM,64GB SSD , waiting for LION to slip in my recently arrived OWC 360GB SSD, then all "LOVE" bets will be off, as I can see it replacing the BMB/DELL for a 27"ACD hook up and it replacing the iPad as well, as my couch surfing tool.
    I think the MBA is the "perfect" laptop, and since it will drive the ACD, whats not to like?

8. 100Teraflops macrumors 6502a

100Teraflops

Good question

I would buy an iPad and an iPhone. The iPhone is very easy to use, even a cave-person can use it. ;) The iPad is great for surfing while sitting on the couch etc.. When you do not want to boot your laptop or desktop, the iPad answers the call of duty.

I would phaseout my other "devices" and use the aforementioned devices. :) As far as using a Mac for computing, maybe one can begin the transformation process and start Macing. :D

9. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

10. Hastings101 macrumors 68010

Hastings101

I'd buy a Mac Pro with all the useful upgrades. I've always wanted one but my budget would never recover from that lol.

11. jahala macrumors regular

I have had every size macbook pro in both old and new body styles, every model macbook, iMacs up to 24", original iPhone, iPad, 13" older style macbook air, current 11" macbook air ultimate, and ipod nano. So far, the 11" macbook air is my favorite.

12. Old Muley, Apr 21, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2011

Old Muley macrumors 6502a

Old Muley

If I owned no Apple products, I would probably buy a 27" i7 iMac. Of the Apple products currently available that I don't own, I'd really like an iPhone. Unfortunately our family budget really doesn't allow for that right now.

13. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I think my MacBook does ... but so does my iPhone!
    I give it to the MacBook.

14. GadgetAddict macrumors 6502

If I had the money I'd probably get one of each on the entire product line... Oh if I had the money... :rolleyes:

15. ann713 macrumors 6502a

Definitely my iPhone. I used to laugh at those who think their entire life is on their phone, but for me that's become the case. :eek:

16. solowmodel macrumors 6502

17. macography.net macrumors newbie

macography.net

My first Mac, an old Classic II :eek:

I can't describe how happy I was when I got it. I had to save every single penny to buy it, but the feeling was amazing. I even used to put a plastic cover on it to protect it from the dust :p

On a serious note, I think an iPhone 4. Think about it guys, we have a Unix machine in our pocket!

18. entatlrg macrumors 68040

entatlrg

MacBook Air hands down.

Nice to see others choosing the Air too! What a machine!!

19. nefan65 macrumors 65816

nefan65

Well, like others here my phone is always with me, so I'd say iPhone for most used/liked.

I have a 13"MBP that I like a lot too. Work horse, dependable, all that. We also have a 20" iMac that we like a lot too; so it's hard to choose at times...

If we had the $$$? I'd say either an 11" or 13" MBA, along with a 27" iMac.

20. dal20402 macrumors 6502

Just one? iPhone 4, no question at all.

My Macs are nice, and fun, and beautiful, and useful. But the truth is I could do everything they do relatively easily with Windows 7 PCs.

But the iPhone 4 is like my brain in a small box. If I can't find the phone, I'm useless. I probably use it actively for several hours each day. I want a bit more speed, but other than that, it's pretty much the perfect mobile device. I only got my first iPhone 33 short months ago and now I honestly don't remember how I ever lived without one.

21. gpat macrumors 6502a

My iPad 3G, without the shadow of a doubt.
    I use it for many hours a day, more than any other of my possessions, by a long shot. The screen is gorgeous, it is speedy and reactive, the battery life is incredible, the experience is simply perfect. I'm astounded by how well could an electronic device merge with my life. It's like a prostethis, no computer or smartphone ever felt that comfortable to me.

22. Yaboze macrumors 6502a

Yaboze

My iPhone 4 would be at the top.

I love my Macbook though (upgraded RAM and HDD) and I use my iPad Classic on the ride into work (via car Auxillary jack) and during work with my white earbuds.

I plan to get a iPad 2 and MBP 13" soon, that maybe that will change.

23. ghostlyorb macrumors 6502a

ghostlyorb

How much money did you run into? haha. I love my iPad 2... my iPhone 4.. and my MBP. I would choose the MBP. Just because it's super powerful!!

24. talmy macrumors 601

talmy

Lots of Apple devices here between my wife's and mine -- iMacs, MacBook, MacBook Air, Mac minis (with and without Snow Leopard Server), iPod Touches, iPod Mini. No iPhones though.

My personal favorite is my 27" iMac with a second monitor. Gotta love all the screen and power. Second choice would be my wife's 11" MacBook Air because of its portability.

25. macthismacthat macrumors member

macthismacthat

I have a iMac(signature),but I went with that choice because I want the screen estate for coding and it is budget friendly. But I will be always amazed by the Macbook Pro line. It is a power horse,captured in a small block of aluminum.Pure tech art.