Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

colonel179

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 10, 2014
I recently took advantage of the PS5 6 months free promo to try Apple TV+. I've never even opened the app before and didn't even know which kind of series and movies there are. The only one I knew of was Ted Lasso. Anyway...

The AppleID I have since ever is a US account. I never actually buy anything so I've never required a credit card. In just two exceptions, I created a Mexican account to be able to purchase two apps that I needed many years ago, and this is the account I used for this free trial.

I imagine that since my account is from Mexico, the app says: He speaks Spanish! and many text in the interface is in Spanish, but since everything in my device is in English, the UI is mixed with English and Spanish text.

This is a horrible design choice. The only app I know that does did (although I don't think it does anymore) was Amazon Prime Video.

In Netflix, for example, even the movie and series posters are in English (except few exceptions), even though I have a Mexican account. If I change the language to Spanish, the entire app changes to Spanish including the movie posters! (also exceptions). THAT'S A GOOD DESIGN!

It looks horrendous to have two languages mixed in the interface, and I wouldn't have expect that from Apple. I mean, Amazon is understandable since they are a shipping company mainly. Apple really has turned into a company that doesn't watch out for the little details anymore, I guess.

Well, just a micro review for the App in general, I don't like that Apple TV+ is exactly like Amazon Prime Video where they mix free content with payable content. It sucks that you see something you like, select it, and realize that you need to buy it or rent it. There should be a completely separate category for those. First impression is that I don't like the App at all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.