The Arizona Republic — Never endorsed a Democrat until ...

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by citizenzen, Sep 28, 2016.

1. citizenzen macrumors 65816

This year is different indeed. I hope the editorial board is prepared for the negative reaction that will surely come their way. But they got it right with this call ...
    Only Trump thinks he has the best temperament. It should be clear to everyone else that Trump is petty, vindictive and emotionally stunted. His attack against the former Miss Universe being another case in point. Trump reflexively retaliates against any perceived personal slight. How could he possibly be the right choice to be the chief diplomat of the U.S.?
    AR nails it. Trump's candidacy and his campaign is beneath the dignity of this nation.

2. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

Its interesting but ultimately not that important I don't think. We all know college-educated people (who tend to work at newspapers) aren't voting trump.

3. citizenzen thread starter macrumors 65816

Yet these college-educated people haven't endorsed a Democrat in over 125 years.

4. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

There's been no republican candidate like trump ever (I mean this in a bad way). Thy probably think he is so bad for the country that they've endorsed a democrat just to keep the country stable

5. citizenzen thread starter macrumors 65816

I appreciate that the newspaper is able to see and call out that Trump is a uniquely unqualified major candidate for the office.

6. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

so are all the major war hawk neocons, yet you guys see this as a good thing, LMMFAO.

7. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

It's a sign that the establishment Republicans are going to help elect Hillary Clinton.

The Dallas Morning News and the Cincinnati Enquirer are two more papers who have broken pattern to endorse her.

8. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

because she is as bad as they are :D

9. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

An endorsement in an opinion. You may think they got it right while I'm sure that others thought they got it wrong.

I doubt it will hurt the paper since everyone is giving endorsements now and they are pretty much meaningless.

10. citizenzen thread starter macrumors 65816

Damn! I wish I'd thought of that before starting the thread.

That changes everything. :eek:

:rolleyes:

11. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Trump has great newspaper endorsements. believe me. My son-in-law's paper endorsed me, BIGLY. And the National Enquirer. Great paper. Makes a ton of money unlike those losers at the NYT and WaPo. More readers too. Lots more readers. I love the poorly educated. Make America Great Again.

12. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Or, like most sane rational people out there, they share the view that electing a corrupt irrational leader who never says he is sorry and never thinks he does anything wrong isn't good for anyone.

13. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

But not as bad as Mr. Trump, the weighty millstone around the neck of the drowning GOP. Did you see the piece about Senate Republicans trying to dodge giving comment on Trump's performance in the first debate? When a politician calls something interesting, it's not usually a good sign, more like they acknowledge wisdom of the ancient Chinese curse delivered as wish that one may live in interesting times. The GOP's only ray of light is the fact that the VP debate comes before their jack-in-the-box has to face Clinton again. Imagine the candles lit before shrines of Mike Pence meanwhile.

14. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

trump winning is good for the country, that clown will be impeached ASAP.
    please. Hillary is worse than even Bush was.

15. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

No and no. You keep holding out this unrealistic hope of impeachment. Better to not let him get close to the nuclear football in the first place. Impeachment might never happen. Too risky.

16. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

oh please. most neocons and other republicans endorsing Hillary is proof they will impeach the monster , hell they are endorsing her so they DON'T have to impeach him if elected, Hillary is the worse war hawk out there, funny you support that.

17. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

If the Republicans had the votes to impeach anybody they would have impeached Obama. They will not turn against their own president, and if Trump wins the Democrats have no way of taking back Congress to do it themselves.

18. zin macrumors 6502

[TACTICAL TRUMP DEFLECTION MISSILE LAUNCHED]

19. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Yep - the VP candidates are important as well as the Presidential ones, since neither Clinton or Trump are spring chickens anymore. Damn. That also applies to me. :(

20. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

lmmfao, the republicans are already siding with he democrats to support HILLARY, who happens to be a DEMOCRAT, when Trump wins BOTH democrats & republicans will work together to impeach Trump.

21. citizenzen thread starter macrumors 65816

If that's all you got ... launch away.

Oops. It's a dud. :oops:

22. zin macrumors 6502

It hasn't hit its target yet. We're waiting for MadeTheSwitch's reply to the post, inevitably which will deflect the attention from Hillary's militaristic record onto Trump's mean words.

23. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

President Pence is a horrifying thought.

24. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Believe me, Paul Ryan would have the papers ready if Trump actually won the race. Educational and sad to see a party impeach the top of its own house. How does that Dave Matthews Band lyric go.. "see the pig dressed in his finest fine..."

But, I'd rather skip all that and see Clinton and Ryan work together; I don't think it's out of the question. This Congress has pretty much been running out its appeal to the voters with gridlock, yet even now they've been doing it with the latest continuing resolution needed to keep govt open past Friday. For TEN DAYS?! Even McConnell is trying to nudge the thing back into passable territory before they all make an ass of themselves yet again. In front of the election!

25. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

Yeah he's arguably worse than trump. JK says all th neocons are against trump but he picked a neocon VP