The AT&T & Apple Experience

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Popeye206, Jul 25, 2013.

1. Popeye206 macrumors 68040

Popeye206

Over the years, I've only had to go to Apple a couple times for help.

This last weekend, I left my iPhone by my beach chair and when I returned, some large waves had come in and soaked my phone. Water+iPhon is a bad thing as you know.

Of course, this is not covered by any warranty and I took the phone to a local place that fixes iPhones and they declared it too fried to fix. So, my options are to buy a phone at full price, get an early upgrade for another iPhone at $450, or try and find a 4s or iPhone 5 on Craigslist for less. Either way, not good.

So after looking at all my options and the early upgrade looking like the only logical choice, I call AT&T... within 5 mins, they call Apple for me and arrange for an "out of warrantee" replacement for $225.

All I can say is the AT&T rep, along with the Apple rep I talked to were more than helpful and understanding. And having a reasonable alternative for something that was clearly my fault is amazing!

I'm not sure if any other vendors are like this, but I can say, this, and my few past experiences like this, is why I'm an Apple fanboy.

2. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

Apple has had a "out of warrantee" replacement for $225 for a while. I am glad that AT&T got you hooked up with it!

It is one of the advantages of owning Apple products:)

3. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

Shocked that you have been around since '07 and didn't know about their out of warranty replacement policy. It's been this way since the original iPhone.

Anyway, yes, Apple has one of the best replacement policies in the business. The next closest I have found was Microsoft (they have something like AC+ but not quite like out of warranty replacement).

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed, they have excellent customer service.

5. Popeye206 thread starter macrumors 68040

Popeye206

Never had to use it... so it was a good discovery for sure! :)