The AT&T MMS Conspiracy, ( Formerly, Another lie from AT&T and Real AT&T MMS news. )

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by The Californian, Jul 16, 2009.

1. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Alright, so I know half of you clicked this just to get pissed about another MMS thread, but... I don't care, get over it.

There's a local, family run pizza shop I go to occasionally and I have a good relationship with the owners cause I was one of their first customers. Anyway, there's an AT&T store right next door and the manager was having some pizza. Apparently he exchanges deep discounts for free lunch. I was there and we were all joking around and he saw my iPhone and started talking about it so I decided to give him a little crap about MMS and he smiled and handed me a paper and went back to his pizza. I asked him what it was and he said "Oh, I should take that back it's for management only... But I have pizza sauce on my fingers so hold onto it for a second"... not being a fool I read it.

Basically it was instructions to managers, dated today saying that if a customer complains about MMS to stick by the late summer date, but if they request for their service to be terminated to go ahead and advise them that MMS will be officially available in 2 weeks. The memo also went on to say that the manager should admit that AT&T dropped the ball if the customer persists, and that the software to enable MMS will be included in Apples next update. ( I'm assuming this is laymans terms for the updated carrier file ).

I asked if I could borrow the memo for a few minutes to make a copy at which point he took it from me and said "Hey, didn't I say that was a memo for management only?" then he just smiled.

So, take it for what it's worth... While I would like MMS I'm fine with waiting but I know many of you are on a hunger strike so just hold on.

**DISCLAIMER**

Apparently the first line in my post was not disclaimer enough for some of you, so I will add the following DETAILED disclaimer for the select few whom need it.

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

3. lavinci macrumors 6502

Correct, two weeks is August, so that's just about late summer.

4. tayshon macrumors 6502a

tayshon

5. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

I'll believe it when I see it. :cool:

*bookmarks thread and goes back to magical voodoo ceremony to make MMS happen*

6. Knoxville3G macrumors member

Wow....this is helpful, late-breaking news.....yawn.

7. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Actually, two weeks is not even mid-summer. ;)

8. toughluck macrumors member

That would be really cool if that was true! I'm not gonna get my hopes up but i mean it makes sense that they would disable tethering and activate MMS to encourage people to update to 3.1

-toughluck:apple:

9. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

"ALMOST" is the keyword in my post....:p:p:p

10. cmaier macrumors G3

11. RiceRacerDX macrumors 6502

Well that would be the last week of July. In my life, that's the last week of summer for me, lol. But like others have said, I'll believe it when I see it.

12. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

+1 ^^^ My summer ends during the 2nd week of August; school is now in session for those of us on the semester system....:cool::cool::cool:

13. PezCore macrumors member

I can say with 99.9% confidence that with the release of 3.1 the MMS will be full operational. I currently have 3.1 beta 2 with AT&T carrier file 4.5. Beta 1 put the camera icon back in my text message field but MMS would still fail. Now that beta 2 was released I can now send and receive MMS without any modifications to my ipcc/carrier files nor did I have to call At&t about removing or adding any type of blockage/feature to my account.

So please be patient

14. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I'm one of the patient ones. Anyway, just wondering if you checked your AT&T account to see if the mms opt out is still there. I'm not sure how it would get removed from you getting beta 2, however. Could you check?

15. ethan028 macrumors 6502a

ethan028

Hm, it may seem that AT&T is going to only release MMS When 3.1 is out because there might be something you need in the firmware other then a Carrier file. I also did update to 3.0 B2 just for the lulz, but the MMS actually worked. Well all we can do is wait. :p

Also, buddy i do find your news VERY interesting :p but i didn't want to read the topic because some guy high up in AT&T management said it will come out tomorrow but i did have the courage to open this link :p.

16. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

I 'll have to call BS on the fact that it just started working. There is nothing physically on the phone to keep it from send MMS, it's all on AT&T's side that the blocking is going on. While you might not have had the block on your account, then you didn't have the correct settings on beta 1.

17. vizkiz macrumors 6502a

vizkiz

18. alansaysstop macrumors regular

I'm glad things like videogames, movies, and Twitter keep me
    from caring about mms.

19. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

20. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

+1 ^^^ Too funny for me; I'm off to bed after that one.....lol :p:p:p

21. iLeoMarc macrumors regular

Love,
    Corporate.

Nice touch.

22. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

Hilarious! Well done!

23. army91c macrumors 6502a

Dude were you at the same pizza place? Freakin cool, it must be true happening to two people. ;)

24. PezCore macrumors member

There are NO carrier settings to modify in the Settings->About->Network for the MMS like everyone has with the 5.0 carrier file so the setting cannot be changed or modified manually without editing the carrier file itself

25. salesguy macrumors regular

OP will eat his words, and some pepperoni, in two weeks? ;)