The ATT Screwed up our Pre-orders thread!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by texaz41, Sep 19, 2012.

1. texaz41 macrumors member

ATT was unable to charge my card for whatever reason even though I saw the authorization on my card online. Once the authorization fell off and i was no longer charged, i got worried and called ATT. We fixed whatever issue there was, but now it says I ordered on the 18th instead of the 14th (through the website order status). When I call in they all tell me the order still says 9/14 on their end, and that i should still get it.

i'm just worried that this issue is gonna delay my shipment a few weeks. my status says "backordered 1", and others are shipping now. i know i'm not the only person who had CC issues with ATT. have any of you with similar issues seen a change in order status? anyone see their "backorder" change from 1 to 0? anyone seen the status changed from "processing" to "shipped"?

2. dieburnbot macrumors 6502a

dieburnbot

I had the same issue, and mine says 15th, but my original date still says 14th and the lady on the phone said they will go by the 14th date. I ordered at 12:50 am pst on Friday the 14th and mine is still processing. I'm planning out a trip to wait in line if it doesn't pan out.

My other order is still in the same boat too though and that one was placed with a different cc without any problems about 5 mins before the cc prob order. So I don't know what the hold up is.

Where do you go to see back ordered 1? My order status screen looks different. What link do you use?

3. texaz41 thread starter macrumors member

this is the link most people are using to get the most up to date info:

https://www.wireless.att.com/order_status/order_status

4. LyricalMenace macrumors member

I am in the same boat....

-Ordered 3:20 AM on 9/14.
    -Received email saying "your order # needs further attention" on 9/15.
    -Finally got them to run the card successfully on 9/16.

https://www.att.com/eos/unauth/eosLogin shows order date of 9/14.

http://www.wireless.att.com/order_status shows order date of 9/16.

I received 2 confirmation emails, as well as confirmation text.

Called CSR said I would receive my phone on 9/21 because I put the order in on 9/14 and the CC processing would not bump me out of line. (Can't believe what they say anyway)

Status is currently 1 back-ordered and has not changed. Will let you know if I get any updates.

5. texaz41 thread starter macrumors member

you're lucky you got an email. i got absolutely nothing and basically had to call them to see what was going on. the CSR reps i talk to when i call tell me everything is fine, and not to worry. but when i talk to the ones in the live chat they tell me that the CC issues will be delaying my order and there's nothing they can do. i don't know who to believe.

6. LyricalMenace macrumors member

Not sure we can believe either of them right now lol.

I plan on waiting until 5:00ish tomorrow to see if there is any update on my order. If not then I am going to call and ATTEMPT to cancel my order and get my upgrade reversed. Hope it doesn't come down to that though.

7. dieburnbot macrumors 6502a

dieburnbot

I'm doing the same.

8. texaz41 thread starter macrumors member

yeah, that's what i'm gonna do. i've already been told i can cancel my order if i want. the big problem i'm hearing is that the upgrades aren't going back right away. some did it and said that their upgrade status won't come back for like a week. i also got put on the Radio Shack wait list so we'll see what happens. i guess i'm like 5th in line there.

9. LyricalMenace macrumors member

Yes I am worried about the upgrade not showing back up. It's a tough call to make we could really screw ourselves by canceling or everything could be smooth. Big gamble..

This guy claims he canceled and upgrade was reversed within 5 minutes. This is the most recent claim I can find about an upgrade reverse. Also it looks like he originally ordered from Apple. Could be completely different because we ordered from ATT for all we know.

http://forums.att.com/t5/Apple-Comm...-at-Apple-how-long-till-AT-amp-T/td-p/3299457

10. texaz41 thread starter macrumors member

yeah, i hope it would only take 5 minutes. i'm considering holding on the line until the site updates and shows me the upgrade is back, lol. radio shack said they're opening at 6am so if they get at least 5 extra's i'll just go there.

11. jfk3674 macrumors member

Same thing happened to me. I was told no way I would get it Friday. That ONLY credit cards that went in by 9am PST were to get the phone on the 21st. Even though AT&T did not notify me until Friday evening there was an issue.

I've had a nightmare week with AT&T trying to rectify the situation. I went through 5 CSR's before the order even went through. If the other carriers would allow data and voice at the same time I would jump ship and even leave my unlimited plan behind.

I managed to cancel my order, which was a nightmare and I had to escalate the issue. I figured that if my order was not tagged until the 19th I was looking at november. Then I found out the upgrade was gone because I had "used" it on an order already, even though it was cancelled. That was a 45 minute call to get it back. The only problem I have now is AT&T wont call to release the funds being held on my card.

So now I am debating which store to go to @ 4am on Friday. IAT&T which is closer and outdoors but could have limited stock, or the Apple Store which is in a mall, and I cant get a clear idea on the procedure and time the line starts.

12. Kingpin00 macrumors newbie

Same thing happened to me. Whats frustrating is that they did not email me or call me to tell me that the card was declined (different billing address from shipping), I would have fixed it right away. I called couple hours ago to check the status and the rep said it was declined and they could run it again. I asked her when will I get my order, she said either Saturday or Monday, I asked the same question a couple times and she said this weekend, she said it would be overnighted.

However, when we were about to end the call she said it may or may not be overnighted depends on the service and it may take 14days. I told her she said it would come either Saturday or Monday and that she would overnighted it for me, her response was yes you will get it over the weekend. Seems like they have no clue on the process, from what I read they F'd it up last year too, you would think they would have fixed their problems but now. Wish there was more competition, these silly things would never happen.

Still waiting for my new email to come through, I will cancel if it says mid October ship.

13. texaz41 thread starter macrumors member

assuming they do email you to notify you. i guess we'll see what tomorrow brings.

14. texaz41 thread starter macrumors member

15. dieburnbot macrumors 6502a

dieburnbot

I read in the other thread that some people that ordered on the 15th are getting shipment notices. So who knows. AT&T seems to be random.

16. texaz41 thread starter macrumors member

it would make me feel a little better if my order date didn't say 9/18 instead of 9/14 like it should...

17. dieburnbot macrumors 6502a

dieburnbot

I actually have 2 dates on mine. Not sure what it means but one has a long list of stuff and says 9/14 the other just has iPhone 5 and various sim with a date of 9/15. The lady I talked to on the phone said that it wouldn't affect my shipping date, but AT&T has proved to be clueless. I would stay calm until tomorrow. They are probably working through the orders hopefully.

18. texaz41 thread starter macrumors member

19. texaz41 thread starter macrumors member

20. thegravytrain macrumors member

i'm in the same boat as many of you. i ordered 9/14 at 1am PST. i got zero emails, but order status looked OK. i finally got paranoid and called on 9/17, when they told me they needed to ask a few questions for identity and credit verification. i did so, was accepted, and at that time i was told my order date would reset and phone would ship in 14-21. i had a "you've gotta be kidding me" moment with the CSR [who clearly has zero knowledge, authority, etc], and then went on my way. i STILL haven't gotten any emails. my order shows 9/17, In Progress, Backordered. what a fustercluck. :/

21. zakzam macrumors member

Yeah. Mine said I ordered on the 15th when I clearly ordered on the 14th and it was back ordered all the way until late last night. Still hasn't changed to shipped, but making progress.

22. texaz41 thread starter macrumors member

nice. at least you got off backorder. once that happens it's all gravy from there...

23. Captainobvvious macrumors 6502

Every year I ask myself why anyone would order through a carrier and not directly through Apple... All I ever see is them screw things up.

24. thegravytrain macrumors member

rookie mistake here ... lesson learned the hard way

25. texaz41 thread starter macrumors member

i never had issues with ATT. ordered through them for my iPhone 4 and got it a day early. hadn't ever heard of any issues. had i known ATT was known for iPhone related pre-order issues i definitely would've gone through Apple.