The back of my 3GS gets super hot after charging overnight, will genius bar replace?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by louis0nfire, Dec 16, 2009.

1. louis0nfire macrumors 6502

Is this enough for them to replace my iPhone or will they say something along the lines of "your battery life seems fine according to our diagnostic check so there's nothing we can do".

2. Clete2 macrumors 65816

Clete2

So you plug it up when you go to sleep and when you wake up ~8 hours later, the phone is hot?

They should replace it for that.

3. Surely Guest

Surely

I think you would get a more accurate answer by asking Apple.

4. louis0nfire thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, it's hot..not just warm. You could hold your hand on the back and not get burned or anything, but it's almost as hot as the bottom of most laptops.

5. louis0nfire thread starter macrumors 6502

Well I'm going to the store tomorrow, but wanted to ask for opinions here first.

6. Steve686 macrumors 68020

Steve686

They'll likely look ay your phone's charging cycle history and install diagnostic software that will tell them more about how your phone is being affected in detail. For them to replace the phone on the spot, they'll need to see something really abnormal on the spot or in your phone's diagnostic logs.