Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SarahKirschbaum

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 5, 2016
I have become a regular donor at my local Red Cross. At first, it was just something to do to support my local Red Cross. However, it has become a regular thing to do because I enjoying drinking blood.(just kidding, my ancestors were not from Romania)

Anyway.... I discovered that the best current iPhone for donating blood is the iPhone SE that I bought for free from Verizon Wireless late last year.

All of my other phones are 5.5-inch or bigger iPhones and Andoid phones. While donating blood, it's not possible to use my left arm because the big needle is in my arm and I can't move it. With the iPhone SE, I can do everything with just my right hand only.

if only Apple releases a new iPhone SE in red. :)

Reactions: EedyBeedyBeeps

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
I'm perfectly comfortable using my 7 with one hand. Unlike the masses, I'm happy to use the reachability feature if necessary.

Reactions: Mlrollin91

DadBod630

Suspended
Oct 13, 2015
I have become a regular donor at my local Red Cross. At first, it was just something to do to support my local Red Cross. However, it has become a regular thing to do because I enjoying drinking blood.(just kidding, my ancestors were not from Romania)

Anyway.... I discovered that the best current iPhone for donating blood is the iPhone SE that I bought for free from Verizon Wireless late last year.

All of my other phones are 5.5-inch or bigger iPhones and Andoid phones. While donating blood, it's not possible to use my left arm because the big needle is in my arm and I can't move it. With the iPhone SE, I can do everything with just my right hand only.

Wow amazing. It's also the best phone for texting or using Facebook while you drive for the same reason.

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013

I don't donate blood (they'd reject me) but when I was in the hospital on NPO with IVs on both arms, my old iPhone 5s was my go-to device. So much lighter and easier to use. :)

Reactions: Sunny1990

scrumpyjack

macrumors member
Mar 27, 2016
And the award for strangest thread title ever goes to...

I have a 6S Plus and have no problem using it in one hand. Maybe you just have tiny hands :D

Reactions: Sunny1990

myrtlebee

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2011
Maryland
Thanks for giving blood, but not sure I understand the point of this post lol. Why should anyone make a purchasing decision on an activity that takes 8-10 minutes every so often? What about all of the other countless activities people do day-to-day? Should we make a thread for the best current iPhone for taking a dump?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.