Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

flyfish29

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 4, 2003
New HAMpshire
I have an idea for the best mac invention (so far this year) I have tried several multibutton mice out there and none do exactly what I want it to do. I think Apple should make a mult-button mouse, (no one has told them this...right;) or at least contract with someone who makes a great mouse, that controls all of the iApplications major controls. I am specifically thinking of a mouse similar to the MX500 or 700 Logitech which I have and love so far, except it won't control all apple software correctly. (it doesn't scroll in AppleWorks!) For instance in iTunes a scroll wheel would control volume, forward and back buttons on the mouse would control the fwd and back button on itunes. In Mail fwd and back buttons would go fwd or back through your mail. In iCal it would go foward a week or back a week, etc.

Now, I understand I might be able to program buttons using the software with the mouse, but that is universal programming buttons. I want to be able to program per iApp and not have to program basic commands unless I want to just tweak the controls.

Is this a good idea and if so, why won't apple jump on it.

If there is anyone out there that knows how to get this message to the right people at Apple or a company like Logitech let me know. :confused:

flyfish29

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 4, 2003
New HAMpshire
Originally posted by neoelectronaut
In theory it's a good idea....but jeez, wouldn't that be a crapload of buttons on a mouse?

I am not talking about any more buttons than is on the logitech mouse...even three buttons with a scroll wheel would be fine...just make it compatible with iApps.

As far as Apple works goes, I have 6.2.4 which is the latest...right?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.