The best people: 2nd Trump staffer resigns after abuse allegations.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Mac'nCheese, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Mac'nCheese Suspended

Mac'nCheese

2. 0007776 Suspended

3. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

And he was supposed to know this how?

4. linuxcooldude macrumors 68020

Sexual abuse allegations are hitting everyone from the far left all the way to the far right. From politicians to recording artists and actors. Republicans are not immune to this either.

5. Plutonius macrumors 604

Plutonius

He's accused of emotional abuse.

I think the first staffer should have been let go but not the second.

It sounds like what happens when many marriages are ending (i.e. people fight and argue)

6. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

What is background checks for $200

7. bopajuice, Feb 9, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2018

bopajuice Suspended

bopajuice

Then Trump goes public giving Porter accolades for a job well done AND professing his innocence. I guess two ex-wives and a girlfriend all conspired against this guy to make him look bad. Just remember... it's always the accusers. They are always wrong. It's never a person of power, or anyone with a history of abuse or harassment.

(Sarcasm) I am amazed at all this coordinated collusion going on to make Trump and his people look bad. How do all these people coordinate their efforts without being exposed? Where do they meet? A whole state conspired against Moore, the whole intelligence community is conspiring against Trump. Maybe the media gets together every Sunday night and coordinates their next orchestrated attack on Trump. How do they do it? Oh ya, let's not forget the attacks on Religion, and the first and second amendments.

We are going to need a bigger wall to protect us against all these coordinated efforts to get Trump.

8. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

He deliberately drove over his ex-wife’s foot and put out a lit cigarette on her hand. That is not “what happens when many marriages are ending.” The bottom line is that when the president has a history of abusing women, these are the types of people he attracts.

9. Mac'nCheese thread starter Suspended

Mac'nCheese

Extreme vetting. Not so hard to find out something like this. But he’s the best leader and picks the best people. How many people have resigned or got fired in the past year?

10. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

You tell us. We didn’t say he has extreme vetting and picks the best people, he did. Hold Trump up to his own standards. He set them, not us. I knew he was a moron when he first started running and didn’t vote for him, so I’m not surprised.

11. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

The White House vetting process will now add the question, "Have you stopped beating your wife?"

12. SusanK macrumors 68000

13. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

14. A.Goldberg, Feb 10, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2018

A.Goldberg macrumors 68020

A.Goldberg

Jeeze, I’m starting to wonder who doesn’t have allegations against them.

To be fair I think it’s difficult to know the intimate details of someone’s personal life when you hire them. It’s not like you’re interviewing their spouses and former partners.

15. Mac'nCheese thread starter Suspended

Mac'nCheese

Look at the guy who asks a question, gets schooled over and over and then deflects!

16. Snoopy4, Feb 10, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2018

Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

Let me know when you figure out how he’s supposed to know.

17. bopajuice Suspended

bopajuice

It's best to play it down, try to minimalize what has been (until Trump was elected) unacceptable behavior. Now it get's watered down and rationalized.

18. AlliFlowers, Feb 10, 2018

AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Even McDonald's checks references prior to hiring. It is traditional for politicians to vet candidates (this is why the Republicans first started the ball rolling on what turned into the Steele dossier). The more important the job, the more thorough the vetting procedure should be. All of the people who work in the White House and West Wing have to have a security clearance. If you have charges against you, you are not eligible for that clearance and should never be considered for the job.

I don't expect you to understand this, but it helps the rest of us understand where you're coming from.

19. samcraig macrumors P6

Like I said in another thread - you can tell a lot about a person by the company he keeps. Trump seems to surround himself with criminals.

20. Mac'nCheese, Feb 10, 2018

Mac'nCheese thread starter Suspended

Mac'nCheese

I did. You didn't respond to my post. Its called vetting. Something he said he was great at. You know, background checks that find out he had an order of protection against him.

21. linuxcooldude macrumors 68020

The incoming administration gets temporary clearance until the appropriate clearances and background checks can be done. The FBI has been dragging its feet for over a year now and should of been done by now. But seeing how the FBI does its many sham investigations, it's no wonder that not only it hasn't been done yet, it may of been done that way on purpose.

22. jerwin macrumors 68020

extreme vetting.

23. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

Right, because people always talk about abuse. Pfft.

24. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

So did the FBI drag its feet to help or hurt this administration? I'm confused now as to whether conservatives think the FBI is for them or against them on any given day.