The best way to get 4s/4 conract free iphone to use as a att gophone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kim222, Nov 3, 2011.

1. kim222 macrumors newbie

I've been a long time ipod touch user using a att gophone for cell phone use (I don't make phone calls much. Landline user. I'm on Wifi most of time). Since the updated ipod touch doesn't really catch up to iphone's features, I am considering an iphone conbining my needs. I'd like to get an iphone 'device only' and activate it as a att gophone. I called Att they said I can bring an Iphone and I can use it as a gophone without data service. Now I need to get an iphone...
    Can you tell me what is the best way? Thanks!!

1) get an att 2 yr contract 4s and terminate early with fee $320.
    questions: when do I terminate the agreement? day 31? if I terminate and turn around say please activate it as a go phone, will they do it? any restrictions?

2) get an att (international) unlocked 4s from apple when they release it since termination fee + etc wil be almost the same price as getting the international (plus feature) phone.

3) get a contract free 4. from street or are there any stores selling it as device only?

2. forcetactic macrumors 6502

You can buy iPhone 4 off craigslist or ebay for $300 or less no contract and use ATT prepaid, tmobile, or 3rd party carrier if you unlock it

3. ap3604 macrumors 68000

Best way:
    1) Wait outside Apple store and mug someone for their brand new iPhone 4S
    2) ???
    3) Profit