The Best Way to Go with the new 3G

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cineapple, Jun 2, 2008.

1. cineapple macrumors regular

My verizon contract is up, and just in time for the 3 G release. I believe I will be switching from Verizon to At&t or possibly t-mobile once the new 3G iphone comes out. What is the best carrier/cheapest route for the iphone. Would the 3G work with T-mobile, once jailbreaked?

Does AT&T let you purchase the iphone without buying a data plan? I plan on just getting their basic plan then jailbreaking it once the jailbreak is available.

How does AT&T compare to those who have used the iphone on t-mobile?

What are the predictions on being able to jailbreak the 3G?

2. neven macrumors 6502a

We don't know. Depends on the next gen iPhone. There's endless discussion of this all over the forums

Yes.

I never had a T-Mobile iPhone, but my other phones were with T-Mobile before I got an iPhone. In my case, AT&T was better. Slightly better coverage (in the one place where I had problems with T-Mobile before), better customer service, lower fees above the advertised price.

I'm sure you'll get plenty of nightmare stories about both... about every carrier, really.

Most people are taking it on faith that it will be done sooner or later. But no one knows anything for sure.

3. TJ10 macrumors member

TJ10

I have AT&T and its been perfect. It is a bit overpriced but overall I am very satisfied with my iPhone with AT&T