The Best Way to Resell

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Macdude2010, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Macdude2010 macrumors 65816

Macdude2010

Hello macrumors,
    So, I wanted to do this thread early so it doesn't get caught up in the rest later, but I have two iPhone 5's, one of them is a 16GB Verizon Black, and the other one is a 64GB AT&T Black. Now, I want to figure out the best way of reselling these over the next two years. Anyways, the only reason why one of them is Verizon is because I bought it from my friend, we did a trade, but, when it comes to resale time for the next generation iPhone, which one would be more logical to sell this year for the next generation, and which one to sell in 2014. Also, I only have 1 contract upgrade available, I can use it starting May 29th 2013. I am planning on buying the cheaper one off contract and not using the upgrade.

2. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

Get rid of the 64GB now. It already has the least return on investment and it'll only get worst as new iPhones are released.

3. Macdude2010 thread starter macrumors 65816

Macdude2010

Won't be selling any of these for a little while, unless there is more proof of a June/July release. But here is the thing, the 64 GB is my main device, and I want to have my main device on the bigger apple release cycle (essentially time the upgrades for the non-s releases) if I was to sell it, I would buy it out of contract, which costs $950 with AppleCare+, the 32GB costs $750 without it.

4. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

Then you already answered your own question.

5. Macdude2010 thread starter macrumors 65816

Macdude2010

Ok, another thing, would the white sell for more this time around?

6. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

I think the white was getting more because people who were forced to buy black iPhone 4's instead of white, due to its unavailability, were wanting white 4s's.

I think the prices would be about even for both for the 5. Maybe white would be more popular because of scuffgate with the black ones. Who knows.

7. Macdude2010 thread starter macrumors 65816

Macdude2010

Ok, so far I've been recommended to sell the 64 now, any other opinions on what to do?

8. tgi macrumors 65816

tgi

Well as stated your main device is the 64GB AT&T version. I'm assuming the Verizon one isn't activated/in use? If that is the case I would just sell the Verizon one now while it's still the newest generation. Keep the 64GB and sell it later when the time comes.

9. Macdude2010 thread starter macrumors 65816

Macdude2010

How much do you think I would get from selling it while in the current generation?

10. Cody21 macrumors 6502a

Cody21

I would sell the 64gb iPhone first but since you mentioned it being your main device, you're left with the 16gb. If the 16gb is in good condition, you should have no problem getting a fair amount of money out of it.

11. raam89 macrumors member

you'll find the best answers on ebay. Find your version on ebay and track the ones with description that best matches your phone's condition. Include "just ended auctions" in your search and that would give you a fair idea of the current selling price

12. Macdude2010 thread starter macrumors 65816

Macdude2010

16GB is a replacement from the Genius Bar in early febuary, was in a case and then I found skins that cover the chamfer, so it is in good condition.