The big, merged WALL•E thread

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by cleanup, May 17, 2008.

1. cleanup macrumors 68030

cleanup

I think this movie looks fantastic. It's cute, it's funny, and it looks like it will tell a lot through its cinematography and visuals. From the trailers it looks like Wall-E and Eve won't talk much, and I kind of like that. It will be more about their actions than their words. Personally, I think this movie is going to smoke Kung Fu Panda out of the water, no matter how much my girlfriend wants to see it! Pixar > Dreamworks Animation.

Who's excited? :)

2. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

Pixar rocks.

I am constantly amazed at the level of detail in Pixar's productions: They get depth perfectly, they get the inertia/weight/velocity/whatever you call it spot-on as well..

I just saw Shrek 3 - while the sripting is great, the animation is really only so-so, and the sense of the depth is kind of thin; the characters walk funny as well - and I'm not picking on Dreamworks alone, every other studio can't quite seem to hit it. Pixar nails the the hammer on the head.

Yeah, I am looking forward to Wall-E. It's bound to be better than Cars (which was a good effort, but waaaay too long). Wall-E himself looks genuinely funny and likable, not something easily said about animated characters (Monsters, Inc/Finding Nemo graciously excluded of course).

I plan on seeing it big-screen.

3. ipodtoucher macrumors 68000

ipodtoucher

Oh I can't wait..it looks like a great movie, and Pixar does the best animation by far!! I can't say it will be better than Ratatouille or Cars, but it will be a great classic! What I really can't wait for are the new 3-D movies Disney is putting out. After i saw Hannah Montana (DON'T JUDGE!!) they had previews for some of the new 3-D movies coming out this summer

4. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

It better be. That story suuuuuuuucked. If I wanted to watch some big city hotshot get stuck in a small town and slowly become a better person, I'd watch Groundhog Day, Doc Hollywood, or any other movie that does it better.

5. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

I think Cars was the least-well-crafted of all the films they've done. It was a noble story, and the intent was wholesome and clean, but there was a decided lack of charm, funnily enough.

I'd recommend Best Man in Grass Creek if you want citified-dude-learns-something-from-country folk. That's off-topic. sry.

6. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

Wall•E will likely be the only movie I see in a theater since the last one (Cars - I actually missed Ratatouille when it made its run). I despise the "theater experience" with a passion, so actually enduring it to see something is a major deal for me.

Used to be the Star Wars/Trek/Indiana Jones movies, even that little boarding school wizard twunt. Now, It's just Pixar.

Yes, I really do hate The Movies™.

7. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

I am def seeing this movie. I loved all the Pixar movies except Cars.

Plus... isn't that just the cutest robot you have ever seen?:)
    [​IMG]

8. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Oh definitely. They've managed to create a robot capable of emotivity™

9. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

Pixar had a couple of movies there ("Nemo", "Cars") that I just couldn't get into at all, and I was worried that they had lost their touch---despite the continuous improvements in the animation technology. "Ratatouille" finally broke that string with a great story and likeable characters. Based on what I've seen of "Wall-E" in the trailers so far, I'm worried about whether it's going to be able to deliver, but I'm cautiously optimistic. I like Pixar, and I want them to stick around for a long time.

10. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

It's funny you'd say that about Finding Nemo - I thought that Nemo was the 'crowning acheivement' for them, but as it turns out that movie seemed the most polarizing (if that's the right word) out of all of them; Everyone I talk to when stuff like this comes up they either really liked or really really didn't like Nemo.

Most people I know weren't that crazy about Cars, however ;) That seems to be the general consensus.

11. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I was one of those people who didn't "get" Nemo, either. After the 2nd viewing, I liked it more. The story is horrendously simple, but sweet.

Me too. Some people didn't like it, but of all the Pixar movies so far, that's the only movie with an actual plot of some sort. I didn't really think poorly of Pixar movies until I saw some Japanese animated films that seem to care a whole lot more about the story, and the fantasy and magic that cartoons are capable of creating. It's not just "Oh ****, I lost my kid Nemo. Lets go wander aimlessly around from one mini-story/gag to another until we find him in 90 minutes".

12. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

It comes out tomorrow :D

I was gonna go to the midnight showing but i can't make it:(

13. cycocelica macrumors 68000

cycocelica

Pumped. The GF and I might see it at midnight tonight.

14. benmrii macrumors 65816

benmrii

I'll probably wait for the blu-ray, but it looks like it will be great. My embarrassing secret is that I haven't even seen Ratatouille yes. :rolleyes: Want to see that first.

Guess I'm the only one here who liked Cars. Definitely not my favorite of their movies, probably on the lowest rung with Toy Story 2 (within Pixar movies), but I definitely enjoyed it.

Monsters Inc. and Incredibles were the best, I'd say.

15. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

Already got tix for the 8:45am showing tomorrow at the new theaters by Cardinals Stadium. My one movie per 2.5 years!

Can't believe they actually want $5 to see it though. Used to see two first-run, newsreel, cartoons, and coming attractions, all from the balcony for sixty cents. The change from a buck would get popcorn & a Coke.

And yes, I did used to walk three miles to school every day. Uphill. Both ways. :p

16. benmrii macrumors 65816

benmrii

Morning movies at the theaters rule. :)

17. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I must have still been sperm back then. It has never been that cheap as long as I have been alive. ;)

18. Kinderhauz macrumors member

Gonna see it with my gf. I read on Wikipedia that there is very little talking in the movie, which makes me worried but Pixar always seems to pull it off.

19. David G. macrumors 65816

I think it's going to be awesome. Definitely Plan on seeing it tomorrow or Monday.

20. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

Um, you're not prone to a receding hairline and a fondness for Mexican food, are you? :eek: :p

21. zebraman macrumors member

ROFL Groundhog day..we saw that in my religion class...And im really looking forward to Wall-E!

22. Nadav macrumors regular

Welll I just checked rotten tomatoes, and I am now very pumped for this movie. It got 97% while Ratatouille got 95%. I hope this will be a Pixar classic.

23. lostfan916 macrumors 6502a

lostfan916

The gf and I will be going tomorrow. It does look good, and I am totally way excited, but just seeing the trailers/previews it's like hmm... this is weird. But I completely trust Pixar, and the critics have praised it, and I know you probably have to see it in order to understand why it is so awesome.

But.... what I am more excited about that Wall*E is Toy Story 3! That will be the highlight of my 2010. ;)

24. LimeiBook86 macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

This movie was fantastic! Instantly my favorite Pixar movie (although it's very close to The Incredibles & Ratatouille) on my list. :) Just, wow, so much fun - and the short before it was equally as fun.

Go see it, you won't be disappointed. :D Some very cool Apple nods too, hehe.

25. lostfan916 macrumors 6502a

lostfan916

I just read something about how there's Apple mentions in the movie.

Uh oh... the girlfriend will not be happy. See... I have this thing about pointing out whenever there is an Apple product. And I don't think she likes it. :p