The Big Yellow Taxi: Google Style

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by bradl, May 9, 2013.

1. bradl, May 9, 2013
    Last edited: May 9, 2013

bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

I thought about posting this further up in this section of the forum, but every discussion I could see coming from it would wind up a PRSI issue, so it's better to be put here.

I found this over at NPR, it's amazing when you do the search of any place you want and see the rate of change over the past 30 years.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way...unning-satellite-images-show-a-changing-globe

Personally: I moved to Las Vegas in 1998, and had relatives living there since 1992. I was there when all of that growth exploded. approx. population when I moved there was 750,000. Now it is approaching 10 million. Looking at it through this, you can see the expansion of McCarran Int'l airport (2 runways were built between 1988 and 2000), the construction of Henderson airport, and the suburb of Summerlin rise out of the desert in the northwest section of town. Even more shocking is that you can see the shrinking of Lake Mead during this time.

It's plain to see here that with our urban sprawl and deforestation that we most definitely are affecting the change of climate on this planet. And with looking at this, I can't help but sing to myself:

Don't it always seem to go
    That you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone
    They paved paradise, put up a parking lot...

BL.

2. samiwas macrumors 65816

3. localoid macrumors 68020

localoid

In 1971...

The words of the prophet were written on the comic strip panels.

[​IMG]