The bottom of my MacBook keeps getting scratched... And I don't know why.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Mjmar, Aug 12, 2008.

1. Mjmar macrumors 65816

All that I do is take it around my house. About 99% of the time it's sitting on a flat surface too. I can not think of one time when the bottom could've gotten scratched. And I've only had it for 2 weeks! Does anybody else have this problem?

2. JoeDRC macrumors 6502

Mine's scratched as well, but its on bottom so I don't really care.
    Plus its only on the battery so I can always replace it if it really bugs me.

3. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

mine does it too, the reason it because the little rubber feet on the bottom are pretty much useless, theyre almost flat, the ones on the ibook were way better

4. mckyvlle macrumors 6502a

Mine is pretty scratched up too. I put a book or a magazine underneath the MacBook as a buffer. The finishing on the MacBook surface feels much weaker compared to Dells.

5. aross99 macrumors 68000

aross99

I have noticed this, and I think it comes from very small crumbs/dirt on the table tops. You need to be very careful about sliding your laptop across a flat surface that isn't PERFECTLY clean...

6. shaunymac macrumors 6502

The first thing I do before pulling my mac out of the sleeve or from the bookbag is wipe off the surface it is going onto. I know this sounds like I am a freak about my mac or should I say mac's, but once those scratches get in there it is hard to get them out.

The iBook would always loose a foot and turn itself into that rocking chair that you always get stuck in at the restuaraunt and you just can seem to quit rocking:D.

The only plus about your situtaion is that you dont have DENTS! My 12" powerbook has one tiny dent on the bottom, but my mbp has yet to see anything like that. You have the "durable" Mac.

So, I guess my advice would be to just keep it on a sleeve when you take it out, a book like someone else has mentioned or if it gets to you that bad, replace the bottom:).

7. Bman3221 macrumors member

i just got my Macbook and I take good care of it. I only have 1 scratch and I always put it on my bed. Plus, I always wash my hands before touching my Macbook until I get a good cover?

8. NotFound macrumors 6502a

NotFound

Yeah that will end in about a month. I did the same thing too.

9. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

really?? i cant say i've ever even done that, not even with my first ibook g4 back in 2005, but i guess some people are just crazier than me!:p

10. RainForRent macrumors 6502

RainForRent