The British are frantically Googling what the E.U. is, hours after voting to leave it

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by shinji, Jun 24, 2016.

1. shinji macrumors 65816

shinji

2. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

We don't have enough threads for liberals to QQ over their losses?

3. garirry macrumors 68000

garirry

This vote is going to **** up everything in the UK (and likely elsewhere as well). It's already hurting all brits because of the awful worth of the pound for example. It's you conservatives that are trying to get independence from everything because you think you are so independent and you can act by yourself. Do you want the UK to become crap like the US is at the moment? If you want lack of progress and if you want everyone to own a ****ing gun in their house, then okay I guess.

4. Benjamin Frost Suspended

Benjamin Frost

The world would be a whole lot safer if everyone owned a gun.

5. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

I agree the US is pretty ****, especially with Obama at the reign.

Also it's been one day since the vote, the world hasn't ended.

6. garirry macrumors 68000

garirry

Of course it will! Now when somebody accidentally steps into my territory, I can just shoot him instead of just ignoring him, or at most talk to him. :rolleyes:

What the **** is this logic? If you have a gun to defend yourself, it's guaranteed that someone will either kill someone innocently, or just abuse this power to bring terror.

7. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

And that has worked so well in places like Lebanon.

8. Benjamin Frost Suspended

Benjamin Frost

I'm sad that you have such a low opinion of humanity.

It's just possible that most people are God-fearing folks, and they wish to protect themselves from the few evil souls out there.

9. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

Wtf is going on in this thread? Shouldn't the title make one consider that a lot of Britons are feeling duped today?

10. garirry macrumors 68000

garirry

There is no such thing as any God or "evil souls". Also, in case you didn't get it, my first paragraph was sarcastic. You can also defend yourself in human/intelligent ways you know.

11. b0fh666 macrumors 6502a

b0fh666

yeah, like throwing books at... ahem... extremists

12. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

Duped...

Like Hussein and Hillary have DUPED the gullible liberals. :eek:

13. Benjamin Frost Suspended

Benjamin Frost

If you say so.

14. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Well with a 72% turnout, there could be 28% who didn't give a damn about anything past next pub tour, but suddenly got spooked by the headlines and the TV blaring about Brexit Brexit. Or the queries could be from those ineligible to vote.

Otherwise, whoever feels duped today but who actually voted yesterday? ... should have had a clue about all those search terms already, and so have no need to look them up the day after casting the vote. I mean c'mon, voting "Leave" yesterday and looking up "what will happen now we've left the EU?" on the morning after??!

15. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

That WaPost headline is grossly misleading. Many people are probably Googling "EU" because they voted for the Brexit and now they want to learn the process for leaving, how long it will take, etc. Typing "What is the EU" comes up with many useful sites.

16. Limey77 macrumors regular

Why are you so keen to paint this as a "liberal" issue?

It is no such thing. Unfortunately it has turned out to be be much more if an old vs young issue. With the old people ****ing the young once again.

17. Benjamin Frost Suspended

Benjamin Frost

You would be more credible if you could resist resorting to hyperbole in each and every post you make.

18. garirry macrumors 68000

garirry

You would be more credible if you actually used senseful arguments.

19. Limey77 macrumors regular

Where exactly is the hyperbole? The older generation were a higher percentage of the voters and overwhelmingly voted to leave.

Already, and we're not even 24hrs in, voting to leave has cost us more that our entire time in the EU or more than the next 40 years would cost. It's a sad day when facts are being labelled hyperbole.

20. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Do you really think it's God they fear? They want guns to protect themselves from God?

Maybe so.

21. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Typing “EU” comes up with some useful sites. “What is the EU” is a very specific question which has no bearing whatsoever on the process involved.
    --- Post Merged, Jun 24, 2016 ---
    Yes, that’s exactly what ISIS believes they are doing.

22. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

Wait till November. They don't even see it coming.
    --- Post Merged, Jun 24, 2016 ---
    Because only liberals think its okay to give up sovereignty to a mindless bunch of bureaucrats.

23. Limey77 macrumors regular

This is the very cause of the problem we are now facing. We as a country have not, have never and will not "give up sovereignty to a mindless bunch of bureaucrats". That is YET another lie pedalled by the leave campaign that simply is not true.

Sadly too many people, including you obviously, believe this to be the case. But it's a lie, a horrendous and outright falsification of facts. We are sovereign, unelected bureaucrats do not have any (zero, none, zilch) power over us and I really wish people realised this.

But now we are all paying the price.

24. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

If that level of simplistic thinking was where "Leave" voters were engaged, they were definitely into throwing out the baby with the bath water.

25. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

Except that you did.