The CEO's assistant from AT&T contacted me

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by H2K03, Feb 6, 2012.

1. H2K03 macrumors member

Ok, now that I have your attention, someone from Randall Stephenson's CEO office called me after I sent an email to him regarding my accused tethering. Here's the back story...

They notified me last May 2011 about tethering on my unlimited plan, which I admit I was doing. I promised to stop tethering, which I followed through on. I received notification last week that they detected tethering again (which is not possible since I completely stopped) and that they would be automatically upgrading my plan to the $50 5GB tether plan. I called several times and both CSR's were not helpful and the first one was very rude saying that I cannot do anything about it and that they are just there to "notify" me of the extortion..I mean automatic upgrade.

I asked to excalate the issue and they said that they are all "managers" and they are the only department that could "help" me. My plan was set to upgrade at the next billing cycle.

At that point, I decided to shoot off an email to the CEO and a kind lady from the executive office of the CEO called me today and said that she will submit a request for a "one-time audit" apparently to do some data analysis. They can say yes or no and depending on what they find out will determine if my plan gets upgraded. I'm stuck with them until June 2012 so hopefully they don't upgrade me :(

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Your title is wrong and misleading. It should read "The CEO's assistant from AT&T contacted me." Sensationalist is sensational.

So you tethered, got caught then stopped and now you want justice?

3. vachargerfan macrumors regular

It says he tethered, got caught, stopped, and then accused of tethering when he didn't

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

5. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i've dealt with the CEO's office assistants at AT&T before and i can say that they will at least try and be as helpful as possible. at least they were about my U-Verse issues.

6. H2K03 thread starter macrumors member

I stopped tethering completely (removed all tethering apps). I don't want justice. I just don't want them changing my plan without my authorization.

7. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

We pretty much always have to go based on what people say.

If you want us to assume everyone's just lying, well then there's not much point in posting any replies to any thread.

8. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Your authorization was the contract you signed and the execution of it was tethering. You put yourself on the bubble and any infraction real or imagined (by AT&T) put you back on the naughty list.

It's kind of like cheating on your partner. You can promise to never do it again, but every time you're late or head out with your buddies the wheels start turning.

9. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

I feel like something is missing from this story...

One thing I have learn from seeing patients all day is that:
    [​IMG]

10. Sedulous macrumors 68000

Sedulous

I don't understand why AT&T gets to decide how you use data chunks that you paid for. What's next, Michelin saying you have to pay more for tires if your drive to another state?

11. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

Change providers if you don't like the service you are getting.

12. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

OP can I get the email address I need to complain about my account being throttled.

13. 808? macrumors 6502a

14. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

15. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

I'll take that email address as well.

16. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

I'm still waiting for it, where's the OP?

17. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

He's gone

18. Jedii macrumors regular

Why are americans so obsessed with Tethering?

19. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

20. Mac2012 macrumors regular

COOL, you got busted... right on! DL torrents on your other computer, not the cell network there Einstein! Just pay for it if you want it... sheesh.

21. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

Your assumption makes you look rather silly.

22. Mac2012 macrumors regular

They will make you pay more, you DL torrents all day and you don't like to pay for anything so your burnt... get over it! Time to pay the piper he he!

----------

You must be ghetto too... now THAT"S silly he he... ghetto boy... hilarious.:D

Just PAY FOR IT!

----------

FACT: over 3 GB a month is serious bandwidth for emails and getting information off the net for a CELL PHONE DATA PLAN! The ONLY time you go over is DL'ing and streaming content period! Your one of those data hogs KIDS I can tell.

23. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

Ok youngster. I'll bite.
    Please show me proof of your FACT that over 3GB is ....

I'd also like to see your proof that the OP is using torrents over tethering on his iPhone. Otherwise, my statement that you are merely assuming is correct.

Also, to let you know, you can stream video over your 3G connection as well. This uses bandwidth but does not require tethering, torrenting, email, texting, etc. Just normal web streaming.

So please, prove to everyone that you're not making assumptions and that you do truly have facts.

24. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

I often ask myself the same question. With free HotSpots readily available in so many locations, it makes tethering all but obsolete.

Perhaps the tethering argument simply fulfills some peoples love of complaining.

25. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

I am with you.