The Chinese Torture Dogs and Cats

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MACDRIVE, Mar 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

WARNING! The linked video below may be extremely disturbing to some viewers.

I credit ebel3003 for helping me find the YouTube video.

The Chinese government have been rounding stray dogs and cats by scaring their citizens into thinking that their pets carry the SARS virus. This is so they can reduce the stray animal population in preparation for the 2008 Olympics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XB8VrFFfFE

2. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

3. forafireescape macrumors 6502a

forafireescape

I'm not going to watch the video because I'll probably cry, but if what you said is true, then that breaks my heart. :(

4. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Personally, I watch these things to make sure I see things like this. If you hide from it, doesn't make it go away. It also doesn't give you a sense of what's really happening around the world. Cruelty is different when you see it happen.

5. hotsauce macrumors 6502a

Unfortunate title. Do the Chinese as a collective group torture dogs and cats? What you probably meant was "Dogs and Cats being tortured in China."

6. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

I'm closing this thread because it's the second one on this general topic that has been created in less than 24 hours by the OP. And yes, the title is unfortunate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.