The Comey Interview

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by ericgtr12, Apr 15, 2018.

1. ericgtr12, Apr 15, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2018

ericgtr12 macrumors 65816

ericgtr12

He came off as sincere, credible and truthful, all three things Trump couldn't ever be if he tried. No wonder he's been tweeting up a storm. It's worth noting that Comey is more believable than Trump in a recent poll as well.

2. raqball macrumors 68000

I'll wait for the OIG report before declaring him credible and /or truthful...

3. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

The comments that made me go :eek:!

4. Arran macrumors 601

Arran

Much as I would prefer a quick exit by Trump, Comey is right. The American voters who made this mess need to be trusted to fix it. Especially now that we’ve all seen where an ill-considered vote leads.

The question is, will they do the right thing? I bet they will. I know several (otherwise rational) Trump voters who are now completely sick of him. None believed he’d win, so they felt safe in their ‘protest’ votes. It was all a bit of a laugh. A big middle figure at the established political institutions.

None are laughing now.

5. fitshaced macrumors 68000

fitshaced

I’ve always disagreed with the notion that you get the president you deserve. Comeys idea that the people shouldn’t be let off the hook is ignorant to the poor choices available to them along with all the likely corruption that happens in an election.

I think he’s trying to sound balanced in a way to justify his flip flopping on Clinton and then his pursuit of Trump.

Trump is a moron. Someone who has come face to face with him would know that. Anyone reading his daily twitacide can see it too.

6. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

I trust Americans will do the right thing and vote Trump in for 4 more years. America will only be halfway to greatness by 2020

7. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Comey was fired by Trump, so of course his view is going to be biased. I am waiting for the Mueller to finish things up before I conclude whether Trump is as morally bankrupt as he appears, and whether he should be suspected of any crime.

8. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

If that happens, you can kiss America goodbye. It will have been destroyed by its clueless voters.

9. samcraig macrumors P6

And I trust that the popular vote will better be represented by the electoral college.

10. mac_in_tosh macrumors 6502

mac_in_tosh

We don't have to wait for any report to know about Trump's truthfulness.

11. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

That sounds like something a Russian twitter bot would say.

12. oldhifi macrumors 65816

oldhifi

Another book tour..he should be locked up..

13. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

[​IMG]

14. linuxcooldude macrumors 68020

I find Comey morally and criminally unfit to be FBI director which is probably why he is not.

15. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

It worked perfectly last time.

16. samcraig macrumors P6

The majority of Americans do not share your opinion.

17. Rhonindk macrumors 68040

Rhonindk

This interview really didn't do much for me. It really didn't bring out anything new. Felt more like a George Stephanopolous looking for a slip of the Comey tongue to provide potential more Trump dirt and like Jim Comey promoting his book and trying to re-curry favor with the Clinton group.

One of the more balanced articles ... LINK

Calling it a let down from all sides of the aisle except for ... Jim Comey promotions.

18. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

actually, I thought he came across as petty and a liar.

19. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

Trump Strategy 101 Distraction and Deflection- Call anyone against you a criminal and hope the suckers don’t give you too close a look.

20. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Does that mean you believe what Comey has to say?

21. NT1440 macrumors G5

NT1440

I think everyone should remember that Comey is who was sent to the NYT to bury James Risen story on mass surveillance, the one Risen went to jail for under Obama for refusing to reveal his sources.

I’m offering this because the entire “trustworthy” narrative that rehabbed his position into the “resistance” was the “he ran to Ashcroft’s bedside to prevent the surviellance orders from being signed” was reported everywhere. Only one or two places have reported he was the one that shut down the NYT story YEARS before Snowden’s revelations.

I get he’s the golden ticket to get Trump out of office, but the man is a ****ingn snake.

22. ericgtr12 thread starter macrumors 65816

ericgtr12

According to a recent poll, more Americans believe Comey over Trump.

23. Papanate macrumors 6502

Papanate

Polls are the epitome' of nonsense fake news - and they don't
    reveal anything about what American's are thinking.

24. ericgtr12 thread starter macrumors 65816

ericgtr12

Yet Trump and his supporters gleefully share them when they trend towards him. Funny that.

25. raqball macrumors 68000

You'd figure that lesson would have been learned after the last election.. Apparently not.